Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore wut iz yu dewin?

to have to test into a high school is stupid IMO. If my grades arent sufficient enough to prove my worth then I dont need to be there
Ehh grades arent alway indicative of how well you'll do in that particular school's program tho. Especially if you got teachers who will pass you for the fuck of it. Thanks to no child left behind.

Once no child left behind came to be i first hand seen teachers shift to just passing mufuckas lol me included. I should of been left back a few times haha jk.

Ehh grades arent alway indicative of how well you'll do in that particular school's program tho. Especially if you got teachers who will pass you for the fuck of it. Thanks to no child left behind.
They do pass anyone but if I'm showing my effort and my case will hold in court.. I deserve to be there.. test anxiety effects even the smartest person
I don't want a test to determine if I'm going to a top public school or not..shit the college entry system put enough pressure on teens

Once no child left behind came to be i first hand seen teachers shift to just passing mufuckas lol me included. I should of been left back a few times haha jk.
Don't look down on yourself like that...yet you strive and are trying to a better you... as you indicated in the IT thread

Don't look down on yourself like that...yet you strive and are trying to a better you... as you indicated in the IT thread
5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d

White privledge to me was never white people getting rich.

To me white privledge is being born in a middle class family. People dont realize how important it is to be born into a decently priced house, with parents making decent money, in a town with decent schools.

Take all those kids who failed math and restart their lives in a middle class family, and most of them pass.

And before someone says it, its a fact that in America everyone can make it to the middle class. But its also a fact that its a ton harder for minorities in America to make it.

Its kind of like, anyone can have a six pack, but a mfer starting at 350 pounds is going to have a much harder time to get a 6 pack than a mfer starting at 180. The person starting at 350 is gonna have to put so much more effort that its easier for that person to say fuck it. Just with human nature.

So yea, being born into the middle class is the real privledge, and getting into the middle class is possible for everyone, but systematic racism makes it much harder for black families to get into the middle class.

I don't know how they do it in other cities, but in Baltimore you test into high school. If you're not a strong student you go to "zone" schools.

The zone schools always had very low numbers. Those 13 schools were all zone schools.

The stronger students academically test into the better schools. Mostly City, Poly, Western, Dunbar

City was my high school, they still test pretty high

This sounds like a terrible system

Can't blame everything on teachers..it's not feasible to cater to every single child's specific need f home is an issue than that child up shits creek

Can't blame everything on teachers..it's not feasible to cater to every single child's specific need f home is an issue than that child up shits creek
Then whats the point of school?

I would have been in private school as a kid, but the obly part of the test I failed was unsurprisingly math. How does anyone expect a kid to learn when they are not being taught correctly or there is violence in the schools? They set us up for failure period. Some of those teachers were crackheads or alcoholics who did not even have a degree. I used to live near Dunbar which du mentioned and never knew the difference, because they never mentioned it to us. Most kids in my neigjborhood went to lake clifton or formerly southern. We had to share books because we did not get enough resources. Kids can't study by sharing. This coutry has the worse school system outside of a third world country. That is a problem.

Shit, I just remembered we watched movies a ton of times in school instead of actually learning. Teachers even let kids play PSX, but its not the teachers fault.

:hahaha:

Back