Welcome To aBlackWeb

Baltimore Student Passes 3 Classes In Four Years, Ranks Near Top Half Of Class With 0.13 GPA

Well all the parents that send kids there are also trash. His gpa was in the top half my niggas. If that ain’t systemic what is.

Last edited:
The school itself needed that negative press. People need to know what's going on.

Parents as a whole need to understandb what happens when you don't check in on your kids

Would you send your kid to a school where a .13 gpa is average?
That's the thing. The people with the most to say, their kids ain't in that school or schools like it. The first time I heard of that school was on the news this week, and I can ring off about 30 schools off the top of my head

The school has about 400 students. That really small.

I’ve been to the shitty school system in NOLA. So y’all miss me with that shit. I spent 2 years in catholic school 7-8 grade and went back to public school for High School in a shitty city when it comes to schooling

Again. Why she didn’t check on her son in 4 fucking years. That’s fucking amazing. Regardless of where your child go to school good or bad that’s a shitty parent 100%

Blame the school and blame the parent more

the school is 100% to blame. sadly, because of the many failures of society, schools are not just learning vessels but tend to function as an “liaison” between the parent and the student. if the mother is minimally involved with her child's educational success/path (which is evident), it then falls on the school, mainly the teacher, to step in and pick up some of the slack. should it be this way? no but thats how it is— especially from a communal standpoint.

the balitimore school system has been under scrutiny for decades. this isnt new, there have been countless stories about Black students falling through the cracks. i mean horrendous shit.

then when you factor in everything else like deep poverty, enviormental racism, governement neglect and food insecurities, you tend to have shit like this.

its easy to blame the mom and its easy to swap stories about what you wouldve done or how you got beat in the head with a baseball bat for being tardy to class that one time in the 4th grade (im worried about you @BRIAN B.)

but its much more difficult to sit back and unpack the socioeconomic inequalities of Baltimore and why something as fucked up as this was allowed to go on for so long

i saw few comments empathizing with the kid. i saw few comments really outraged at the schools mistreatment of our babies, i saw MORE comments berating a Black mother, whose story you dont even know, and no matter how ridiculous the mom may seem to you (many of you are speaking from a place of privilege anyway) she deserves some empathy too.

one thing i learned as an educator that ppl are only going to do what they know and instead of judging someone for not moving in the ways we want them to, its really on us to show them a better way.

the school failed the mom, the son, and countless others and when you post your next article in the news section about the rampant crime in bmore, i hope youll have a deeper understanding as to why.

Stop using the word minimal or minimum.

Say exactly what it is. She was non-existent with her son regarding school.

No one is ignoring personal responsibility. I’m placing the personal responsibility right where it belongs...with his parents.

The kid was 14-17 when all this went down. We as a country have already decided that kids that age aren’t old enough to be held responsible for their actions really. That’s why we do t let them drink. Or drive. Or join the military. Or vote. Etc.

This is no different.
I was referring to his mom... dude feels black taught schools for black kids would have prevented this when the reality is the mom has her responsibility to be a parent and make sure to be on his schooling, to be involved in his life... the boy didn't ask to be here so its on her to be guidance...

and the child has one job, carry his or her ass to school and do what they're there for... he full well knew he was skipping school and he has access to his grades. Personal decisions of not committing to school and then being shocked when the damn carousel stops is silly at best.

The school has about 400 students. That really small.

I’ve been to the shitty school system in NOLA. So y’all miss me with that shit. I spent 2 years in catholic school 7-8 grade and went back to public school for High School in a shitty city when it comes to schooling

Again. Why she didn’t check on her son in 4 fucking years. That’s fucking amazing. Regardless of where your child go to school good or bad that’s a shitty parent 100%

Blame the school and blame the parent more

You went to a Catholic school miss me with the shit. I don’t care about New Orleans in this conversation. And why is he passing! Passing equals good. It’s supposed to be. I can’t blame parents more than an entire fucked up school

Back