Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bag Lady! You gon hurt yo back!

Eartha Clit

💜
Site President
Have you ever dealt with someone who had too much baggage?

If so, what was it?

What would you consider to be your baggage when going into a relationship?

Are you willing to date someone with a lot of baggage?

messed with a chick who just got out of a divorce, and was still dealing with the death of her mother...

cool ass chick, but she was an emotional basket case when i started dealing with her...

we rocked for a few months, but i had to get up outta that... too much emotion...she was sad all the fucking time

Baggage can break a potential relationship before it even starts. Especially if you do not know how to handle it, control your thoughts and emotions behind it.

And if you are not truly over it .

I do not have the issue with carrying baggage because I enter relationships with a clean slate regardless of what the previous has done. There may be a bit more caution in certain areas, and I may have learned what some of the red flags are but I am really good about allowing a person to be themselves with me and start off fresh without having the issues of the past interrupting our perfect present.

However, I had to disconnect from many men whom had waaaaaay to much mental and physical baggage and didn't know how to handle it.
It ruined our perfect present and I just cut it loose.

Yes.........I like her too but she won't let the past be the past. I told her repeatedly I would risk it all for her. I said let's take it slow let's keep mental before the physical. I tried errrrhang but L.

:(

Baggage can break a potential relationship before it even starts. Especially if you do not know how to handle it, control your thoughts and emotions behind it.

And if you are not truly over it .

I do not have the issue with carrying baggage because I enter relationships with a clean slate regardless of what the previous has done. There may be a bit more caution in certain areas, and I may have learned what some of the red flags are but I am really good about allowing a person to be themselves with me and start off fresh without having the issues of the past interrupting our perfect present.

However, I had to disconnect from many men whom had waaaaaay to much mental and physical baggage and didn't know how to handle it.
It ruined our perfect present and I just cut it loose.
eliminating all baggage is hard cuz some shit varies. like @King Du considered the 1 recently coming out of a divorce n bereavement to have baggage, but someone else might think that simply being a divorcee is automatic baggage.

i think it's the internal damage that's the biggest issue. The most dysfunctional relationships I can think of, usually became unhealthy cuz they started off with unresolved n unmitigated baggage. a lot of ppl out here r using relationships n dating as a bandaid or distraction from whatever is hurting or stressing them. u'll attract negative circumstances n ppl when u put urself out there before ur internally ready.

yes, sometimes people get lucky and find themselves a great person that looks past their baggage and helps them through it but that's an exception. usually, it makes it hard on the good people and makes u fertile ground for the parasites n the equally dysfunctional folks. no good. as a rule of thumb, ur prospects get better when u do.

So what's yalls baggage?

But I carries my own tho!

e3cabc1ffe0d80225fea186982404195.jpg

But I carries my own tho!

e3cabc1ffe0d80225fea186982404195.jpg
speaking of which, did u see this chick? 38 kids, all by the same dad, n she works like 5 jobs to support them. looks happy af too.

she carries her own but it'll prolly be hard to remarry till the kids r grown.

Dealt wit a chick who went thru moments of depression. Was taking medication for it.

Thing is she never told me about it until later on when things was getting a lil serious. When she finally told me, I can't front, I got a lil pissed. B/c I told her lookin back at all arguments we had that blew up unnecessarily, it could've been avoided.

Had I known that then, I would've been more sympathetic to her feelings, and understood why she felt the way she did. By my goodness man...that shyt was frustrating. Cuz when she had her moments, there was nothing you could say to convince her that her life was good. Talked as if she had nothing.

speaking of which, did u see this chick? 38 kids, all by the same dad, n she works like 5 jobs to support them. looks happy af too.

she carries her own but it'll prolly be hard to remarry till the kids r grown.

Duggars ain't got shyt on them

Dealt wit a chick who went thru moments of depression. Was taking medication for it.

Thing is she never told me about it until later on when things was getting a lil serious. When she finally told me, I can't front, I got a lil pissed. B/c I told her lookin back at all arguments we had that blew up unnecessarily, it could've been avoided.

Had I known that then, I would've been more sympathetic to her feelings, and understood why she felt the way she did. By my goodness man...that shyt was frustrating. Cuz when she had her moments, there was nothing you could say to convince her that her life was good. Talked as if she had nothing.
prolly wld've put it in perspective if u'd known it was coming from her condition, not her rational thoughts. sad.

Back