Welcome To aBlackWeb

B.O.B aint been shit since Imagine Dragons came thru and jacked his whole style.

I just don't get the "Atlantic fucked him over" angle. I always thought dude felt he needed to prove something to the hood so he left the Pop scene to show folks he still down and never recovered ever since
Exactly like everyone has said mixtape BoB >>>> album BOB

Atlantic forced those pop songs on him and once his core audience was like whatever nigga he tried to come back home but it seems it was too late

Exactly like everyone has said mixtape BoB >>>> album BOB

Atlantic forced those pop songs on him and once his core audience was like whatever nigga he tried to come back home but it seems it was too late
Idk why I never viewed it that way. I can recall he was leaning heavy into that Pop life and enjoying that shit lol.

eh I kinda half believe Atlantic messing his career up, but only because I know how they did Saigon and Lupe.

Like someone else mentioned, his first big songs were from the label. Lupe gave them weak versions of purpose and they didn't put them out, gave the beat and chorus to Bob.

Then he stayed in the pop lane with his next couple albums, like Strange Clouds and Headband. But I guess he didn't really solidify himself a fanbase cause I never hear anyone talking about him. Whether it's old music or new music.

Dro coulda been the Juve of ATL, his flow and style was that unique plus he was nasty wit bars
To me Dro is like Juelz and Bank$. Dope artists that came up under larger artists and could arguably be better than them, but never followed through and come off as lazy or as underachievers.

It's sad thinking about that freshman class sometimes.
D-kPfnkXkAAQZQz.jpg

Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton, and B.O.B. were supposed to be the next Em, Ye, and Andre.

B.O.B. went left, Asher Roth became a musical hobo/hermit, and Chuck hasn't done much since getting the rings punched out of him.

B.O.B. has to just focus on making the best music of his life one song at a time. He has one hit with Bruno which will always get his foot in the door for a new audience. He doesn't have to recreate just create his best for the time he's in. Use the gimmick flat earth thing as promo for his new project whenever he does promo runs. IMO.

D-kPfnkXkAAQZQz.jpg

Asher Roth, Charles Hamilton, and B.O.B. were supposed to be the next Em, Ye, and Andre.

B.O.B. went left, Asher Roth became a musical hobo/hermit, and Chuck hasn't done much since getting the rings punched out of him.

wale be on that whiney shit but he has a solid ass career...i mean look at that cover! lol

i get the hunger for more n all but foh...he could have fat trel career...but niggas forget where they came from

D-kPfnkXkAAQZQz.jpg

Speaking of made me think of this song. I used to fuck with this heavy

D-kPfnkXkAAQZQz.jpg

In hindsight Wale the only one that realistically should of been a top dude. I liked Charles Hamilton but he always seemed to be in his own way. Never was a fan of Roth but he wasn’t terrible... the Em comparisons fucked him.

Did yall even listen to B.O.B album? His last album was good and I still listen too it... hip hop fans are so fickle and always talking about how someone fell off.. dude still is talented and makes good music

Iggy was nothing but a money grab for tip

He lost mad time and money will his legal troubles over the years. He saw usher had Bieber, akon had gaga etc. He thought the amazon white girl was gonna be his big financial bounce back.

She woulda been making money if she ain’t fake her black accent that shit was crazy first time I heard her voice

D-kPfnkXkAAQZQz.jpg

Charles Hamilton was on some other shit I just remember him battling serious jones

Gonna be honest i never really listened to any BOB besides what i heard on the radio a million times.

He also made a diss song to Odd Future that i checked out just cuz i enjoy beef.

Back