Welcome To aBlackWeb

At&T Fined 60 million for Throttling data plans

I dont complain, I modify and share with the masses...but ppl who on the outside of abw with att doesnt bring the new traffic

But im out the house a lot
Depending on your cable provider theres wifi connection towers everywhere..I know xfinity have towers everywhere and all u have to do is log in and you have wifi, most stores u shop in have wifi make sure your phone always has connectivity and your have free wifi period (just use a vpn to protect whats coming in and out) there are ways but its mostly incovenient

just got on unlimited at the beginning of last year

had 3 adults sharing 15-20 gigs and consistently went over....they charge $15 a gig at that point

havent had any change in speeds, but im not doing 50-leven things on my phone either

kids only use tablets at home

all I know is the bill leveled out between that and getting on the family google play deal

anyway, this shit is talking about 2011.....definitely didnt have it back then

just got on unlimited at the beginning of last year

had 3 adults sharing 15-20 gigs and consistently went over....they charge $15 a gig at that point

havent had any change in speeds, but im not doing 50-leven things on my phone either

kids only use tablets at home

all I know is the bill leveled out between that and getting on the family google play deal

anyway, this shit is talking about 2011.....definitely didnt have it back then
I always had unlimited data...and I paid at least 20$ for data period per bill dating back since then..

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
I was workin the Metro blackberry in 2011 lmao
I just switched to I phone in september of 2011...I intended to get a blackberry but took it back and got an iphone 3 at the time and been with them ever since..so i might get a little more than .51c IF i do, i'll get @AP21 a coffee lol

I pay 88 bucks a month with tmobile. I have a unlimited plan and I don't see a problem with it.
But, I will say this tho if you have att you played yourself. It never ever crossed my mind to ever get their high as service. That shit is stupid ass fuck especially when you don't travel alot

I used to work in the oilfield and over the road truck driver and I had Verizon. It works really well with small towns. But, as soon as I started to do local work I drop Verizon and went with tmobile

Att typically works everywhere and if you know how to manuver you can get ya bill to a respectable amount. T mobile depending on the area sucks (no offense).

when was the last time you and ms. foxx went out to eat in a restaurant? Did you notice how many parents bring tablets with them so that their kids can watch during dinner? That costs data. Those videos at a minimum are probably shot in 720p with the occasional one being 4k quality, but more like 1080 somewhere in the middle. That is just eating away at the data usage.

Parents would rather pay for unlimited data to let the tablet entertain their kids at fucking dinner vs sitting there and actually engaging with their kids.

Or how about just in public in general. All the facebook live, IG live, etc...type of apps. You shoot it, and you just GOTTA upload it right then and there so that people can see it. More data consumption. Then dont be in an area with spotty coverage and that shit just takes ALLLLL day to upload b/c its trying to find a signal. OH, and i cant forget about Facetime and related apps. I know people who use facetime, but just talk to the person while never actually looking at them instead of...oh idk, just calling them if you were gonna do that. I dont think there is ANYTHING wrong with facetime as a concept. I think video calling, when appropriate is pretty dope, but at the same time, it shouldnt be a primary form of communication for the average person. If you got loved ones in the military overseas? Perfect. Long distance relationship? Perfect. Family members around the country that you only get to talk to a handful of times throughout the year? Perfect. But talking to someone while you walk to class EVERY single day...nah.

@King Freeman, i just saw your post, and thats not even the point i was trying to make, but it's still a valid one.

Silver, think back to a time (if you can) when data plans were something like 500mb or some shit. Then gradually overtime, as social media invaded our lives on the daily, the limits became larger and larger and so did the bill. At one point everybody in the house had an unlimited plan but the responsibility ultimately fell on the two people (or one) who made the most money in the house.

At least 3x a year, i do a financial scrub to see how much im spending on shit i have. Subscription services, cell phone, cable, etc... Couple the fact that most people arent buying their phones outright so they are on payment plans, plus the actual service bill can easily get you in the $100+ range, for ONE month.

These companies have taken advantage of the lack of discipline shown by a large majority of the population. They are going to keep promoting these unlimited plans b/c they know people cant help themselves. We have become so conditioned to this, that you can't even have a discussion with someone about how they probably dont need unlimited data in the first place without them feeling like you're attacking them.

Case and point, I knew someone that was complaining about their cell bill. I asked them about their plan, they told me unlimited. I said, well, how much data do you use on average a month. They were confused and asked how were they supposed to know that. I thought they were joking until I realized they weren't. They didnt even know they could check it on ATT site, nor did they know they can set a data limit on their phone to tell them "ok, you approaching __gb of data, you might wanna chill". But we looked at their bill and they were averaging maybe 4gb a month.

I said, well here you go right here, why dont you just reduce your plan down to maybe 5gb, especially if you're gonna be around wifi a good amount of time as well. Their response, "well, what if i need it". I said, but you havent needed it going back at least a year...what do you think you're going to do at this point to justify continuing to have an unlimited plan?....their response, "idk, but if something happened, then i would have the data to support it"

i gave up. Its your money. Spend it how you want

/rant

....I should've just came to AP instead callin AT&T for any questions I had on my plan.

this sounds good in theory. I'm all for businesses to compete for my dollars, but if we're being honest, we know that you either gon take it with grease or take it without it, but you still getting fucked.

They're in the business of making money so they wont do anything substantial to rival their opponents at the expense of them taking a loss.

This reminds me when 2k sold ESPN 2k5 for 19.99 while EA was still selling their for 59.99. EA got pissed that they got undercut so much and that their game got outsold that they partnered with the NFL for exclusive rights to be the only company to make an NFL licensed game.

But they are about the brand on the building, and not about us the consumer.

This shit was devastating I still remember my user name and record for ps2

Redskinssim

165-12

But the NFL alps didn't like them selling a 20$ football game they thought it made the. Look cheap from what I heard and they approached ea to help them handle there issue.

Back