Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ask Staff a Question Thread

Got a request not sure this is the right forum to ask it, but can we get some sort of techie sub-forum for the tech-heads out there?
as of now, those types of threads are created in the Lifestlye and Fashion section of the site. Should the threads get popular enough, consideration may happen, but until then, please direct your tech threads to that area, Please dont spam either

Imgur hasn't played nice with a bunch of sites over the past couple of years

Just copy paste the image from Google

The software will parse it take care of it from there

What is ABW's official DMCA takedown policy? And does it apply to links or just uploaded pics/vids?

Being that Gfycat moved all of their NSFW content to redgifs and they are monitoring peoples vids for NSFW on gfycat to be deleted as of May 12th, I was wondering if there was a setting in the site to autoembed redgifs links with the correct dimensions in forum posts... currently, when you post the direct link into ABW, this is how it comes up:

I can embed it myself with a code, but it's a bit tedious to do manually everytime. When I first started posting, gfycat links automatically resized the gif to match the dimensions of the video, but it changed sometime after. Not sure if this was due to them or a decision by the admins. The majority of my vids.aren't really NSFW, but I had to transfer my account to redgifs to keep my vids from possibly getting deleted...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Being that Gfycat moved all of their NSFW content to redgifs and they are monitoring peoples vids for NSFW on gfycat to be deleted as of May 12th, I was wondering if there was a setting in the site to autoembed redgifs links with the correct dimensions in forum posts... currently, when you post the direct link into ABW, this is how it comes up:

I can embed it myself with a code, but it's a bit tedious to do manually everytime. When I first started posting, gfycat links automatically resized the gif to match the dimensions of the video, but it changed sometime after. Not sure if this was due to them or a decision by the admins. The majority of my vids.aren't really NSFW, but I had to transfer my account to redgifs to keep my vids from possibly getting deleted...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That would require a board software update from the company that makes this version this site uses

If it's not a widespread thing, then it probably won't get updated to have that feature for a while

Back