Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY As The Story Continues.

I'll keep it going, just give me till the end of the night, in the middle of something atm.

It was like time itself stopped...

'Speak of the devil and watch him appear' was all Keisha could think as she locked eyes with a man she hadn't seen in 4 years

"P-P-Peanut?........Wh-When you get out?" Keisha asked as Jayden's father scanned the room and found himself locked eyes with Dante again.

Peanut figured Keisha would have some nigga living with her. That was no surprise. She kept then coming and going.

Peanut already knew about JT
. That took nothing to find out about. He had homies keep tabs on her, and when they found out she had moved to Pinewood park, it was soon after JT's name popped up.

But this guy standing here, this wasn't JT. Naw this wasn't JT at all. Peanuts first vibes was this guy was much worse.

"They let me out last week, it took me forever to find out where y'all live now" Peanut lied as he looked Dante up and down

"What's going on Homie, I don't mean to intrude,, I'm Jayden's dad, I was just hoping to get a few words with his mom if that's alright with you?" Peanut studied Dante's face.....

Dante could care less. 'Just another nigga running in and out this shit,, it's to be expected' he thought to himself

"Naw brother, don't bother me none. This her place any way. I just hang out here like everybody else apparently" Dante replied, only to hear Keisha suck her teeth in annoyance...

That made him smile.

"But naw,, y'all go head and talk, imma head out here and play football with these boys"

Dante started for the door then stopped "shit, where are my manners, you want me to call Jayden over.....what was it? Peanut?"

Peanut smiled "yea you funny as shit. Naw Homie, I ain't gotta see little man right now. Go head and play football with them. He need a good football type nigga in his life,,I just gotta holla at this little lady right quick"

"Fine by me, Keish, I'm out front, holla if you need me"

And just like that Dante disappeared out the door...

Keisha just looked shaking her head, thinking to herself how Dante ain't worth a shit.

What if she wasn't good?
Could he even tell that she was scared shit less?
Did he care?

The last person in the world she wanted to be left alone with was now standing less than 10 feet from her with that same evil ass smile.

She could never tell if he would hug her or punch her when he smiled like that. It was impossible to determine.

He smiled like that the first time he held Jayden. And he smiled like that when he shot old man Pete 4 times in the stomach and once in the head. He smiled the whole time. Keisha saw it, and here she was seeing that smile again...in her kitchen.

"Your man?" Peanut asked....his grin was threatening to bust right off his face.

"Yea" she took a deep breath "that's Dante"

She went in her cupboard for two glasses "drinking?" She asked her baby father

"Only if you got Jack"he replied
"I always got Jack, Peanut"

" It's crazy you popped up, Jayden was just asking about you"

"Oh word, that's what's up"

Peanut walked slowly over to the window and closed the blinds.

"Why didn't you tell me you were moving?"

" It was a spur of the moment thing" Keisha replied as the Jack Daniels poured in the glass.

"spur of the moment huh" Peanut said while giving Keisha his notorious menacing stare.

"mhm" she said while handing Peanut the glass.

" U gonna sit down? U look nervous, relax."

"Nah, I'm just shocked to see you. I talked to Slim a few months ago and he said you wasn't getting out in 15 years, maybe 10 on good behavior"

" People say a lot of things" Peanut replied before taking a sip of Jack. " After talking to Red about some things he was able to get one of his lawyers on the case and worked some things out for me. Ended up finding out some shit I didn't want to."

" Shit like what?" Keisha said with a puzzled look on her face.

"Nah, I ain't gonna get into that now, we can talk about that later. But I need you to step out with me tonight"

"C'mon Peanut, I told you I'm not .."

Before she could finish Peanut interjected " Nah, I don't need you to Bonnie tonight. Red promoted me, so I went ahead a bought a new spot. I'm throwing a little party there tonight and I want you to be there."

Keisha's brain was going 100mph at this point. Does he know? There's no way he could. I know he took a plea, meaning there's no way he could see the names of anyone who turned him in. No wait, he did say Red was helping him, maybe he knew someone who could get that information? Fuck! I didn't even wanna do it, but it's situation's like this that made me. Any time I refuse to bonnie/help him set someone up to get robbed or even killed he holds the dirt he has on me over my head and he has enough to put me away for life. I'm jus..

"Keish!"

"Huh?"

" U down right?" Peanut asked

Before she could answer Dante walks in....

kandy do some @'s.. cuz imma do something later when i get to work, but i want more folk to participate too... this is dope

After Kandy can a brotha git next?

Finally got something percolating. I'm liking this so for. Our azzz gonna end up drafting a screenplay

-Meanwhile across town-

"Welcome to Joe’s Burgers, how can I help you?"

"Can I get uuuhhh...." says Tre.

"Now you know we come here all the time, why you doing that?” LaTrice said as she leaned forward. “Well I know what I want, Get me a number one with a large coke...NO CHEESE,” yelled LaTrice into the intercom.

"Yea, I want a number 13, no tomatoes, no onions, no pickles, no cheese, no mayo..." said Tre.

"Damn, what you want just the meat and bread?" said LaTrice.

"No, I was just playing, give me a number 13 with everything." said Tre.

As Tre was about to pay for their order, Trice’s phone began to ring.

“Hello. Who is this? He what?! You lying?! Oh my God. Let me call you back,” LaTrice said.

She sat quietly for a second trying to figure out how she was going to tell Tre the news.

“Thank you!” Tre said as he grabbed the food and pulled off. He then turned around and asked, “Trice, who was that on the phone?”

“Oh. Uh, that was uh Sean.” Trice said.

“Sean? What the hell that nigga want?” asked Tre.

Hesitant to answer, she took a deep breath and told
Tre to pull over.

“Tre, Peanut outta prison.” Trice said.

“He what?!” Tre screamed with a concerned look on his face.

*3hrs before Peanut's release*

Terry...Red's paternal twin...walks in "RED'S" and immediately heads to the back.

Daps Lucky the bartender...gives a couple of head nods to the early afternoon drinkers...flirts wit one of the waitresses passing by...then proceeds towards the back of the club.

Red owns 3 of the city's most popular night spots...

Red's...his social lounge
Jazzy Nytez...his jazz club
The V...his strip club

...as well as several property throughout the city. See folks know the street side of Red, but not many knew the "corporate" side.

Red's philosophy has always been "think long term, not short term"...unlike a lot of the other hustlers he knew. Something he taught Terry growing up.

Terry wasn't built for the streets like his brother. Red made sure he spent his time hitting the books instead. Straight A student in high school...graduate degree in Business Managment from Georgetown. Red used his brother's education to achieve the goals he had set during his days of hustling.

That investment in his brother earned him big returns when it came to aquiring property, and opening up his three clubs.

Terry knew Red would be in his private VIP section watching the hockey game. That's right...HOCKEY. Unlike majority of the brothas they grew up wit in the city who were fans of football, basketball, or both...Red on the hand loved hockey. Even played in the city league UNTIL he got banned for excessive fighting. Hence his love for the sport.

But do not dare make fun, or talk shyt about his sport in front of him. The last guy who did this...currently has titanium plates in his body.

As he walks in, he sees Red lounging on his leather plush couch. Remote in one hand, and one of the girls from Club V in just a g-string laying across his lap.

"What's good lil bro" Terry asked (Terry is actually 6mins older than Red)

"Maaann you see this shyt! I'm about lose 12 grand b/c these muthafuccas decided they wanted to bullshyt!"

Terry shakes his head as he never understood his brother's love for hockey. To him, hockey was always a white boy sport.

"Well I need to talk you about this proposal for that property by the port...amongst "other" things."

Terry gives Red a slight look to hint that the kind of information he needed to discuss, wasn't meant for the ears of present company"

"Meh...fucc it. This game is pretty much over anyway. 12 grand ain't nothin. I'll make that back later tonite. Aye...*Red signals Tastee to leave*...me and Terry gotta talk bidness".

Tastee knew what time it was. She gets up, kisses Red on the cheek, shoot Terry a quick glance & smile, and proceeds to walk in the other room. Making sure to put a lil extra jiggle in her walk, b/c she knew exactly where their eyes would be aimed at.

"You heard Peanut getting out today right?" Terry asked Red.

"Yeah I heard." Red replied.

"Soooo...you're not concerned about that? Considering how much time he was hit with doing that "thing" for us? You don't find that odd this nigga got an early release?

Red chuckles a little

"Naw...not at all bruh."

Confused, Terry responds...

"Well why not? We dunno if this muthafucca cut some sorta deal wit the DA to bring up new charges. Especially after losing that trial...you KNOW they coming for revenge bruh."

Red chuckles again and replies nonchalantly...

"Uh huh."

Bewilered, Terry looks at his brother as he's trying to figure out why this nigga hasn't the slightest bit concern or care in the world. Especially since Peanut was damn near his right hand man.

There was only 3 other people Red kept w/n his inner circle...Terry...Dasia...Peanut. Even though Dasia and Peanut weren't technically blood related, Red still saw them as family. Hell the streets called them the Four Horsemen of the hood.

"Hold up...you're awfully calm about this. Somethin's up and...wait...did you have something to do wit his early release?"

Red leans back on the couch

"...maybe."

"How the hell you pulled that off?? Peanut was lookin at 15+."

"I pulled a few strings in City Hall. Collected on a few favors that was owed. Shyt...them muthafuccas are more crooked than the niggas I deal wit in the streets. Of course they can't get their hands dirty...so they come to me. It doesn't matter how many businesses or properties I own. How many donations I make to these expensive azzz dinner parties I attend. B/c in their eyes...I'm still just a thug."

Terry responds

"True...but that never stopped their greedy azzz taking bribes from a thug tho."

"Exactly. That shyt don't faze me tho. They got a lot more to lose than me. As long as they provide me wit whateva I need...wheneva I need it...being labeled a "thug" doesn't bother me one bit."

"And what about Peanut?"

"What about him?"

"You plan on seeing this nigga when he gets out?"

"I already sent word to have him come thru later on tonite once he gets settled. I'm sure one of his 1st stops is gonna be his babymama's crib."

Red chuckles

"I'm sure that nigga heard Keisha got a new man in her life. What's his name again?"

"Uhhh...oh Dante."

"Yeah Dante. I seen his azzz a few times in here wit her. When Peanut shows up, I'm sure he'll have a few questions about Dante and Keisha."

Last edited:
I'll get on it...gotta lot on my mind fam

Maybe tonight....I write best when I'm emotionally distraught

Naw man, punk ass school tryna label my kid a terror...

Spent all Fucking day at the school and hospital just too let the school know they wrong, and they gotta teach him, and need resources for his emotional needs

Dante was sitting on the couch watching first 48 with Jayden.

The two were laughing and taking .50 bets on who would be the one to ultimately snitch on his boy...

"It's always the one who talks too much that you gotta watch Jay. Some people when presented with a problem they immediately accept that they gotta deal with it, and start looking for solutions to fix the problem. Those the niggaz you can trust. They the ones that's gonna look out for you and have your back. Then you got niggaz,, that when presented with a problem, first thing they do is start tryna find a way outta it. They your snitch. They try so hard to talk they way outta some shit, they throw you under the bus whether you did it or not"

Jayden was nodding his head showing that he understood what his mom's boyfriend was telling him. Dante was always good for stuff like that.

Right at that moment on the tv one of the guys being interrogated broke "I mean, I ain't saying for sure he did it, but he known for doing $#@* like that...I mean ask anybody...little black a head busser"

"Ha!!!! What I tell you!!! Gimme that fifty cents little man!"

Jayden laughed "iight Mr Dante, you got me....imma go get it from my room"

Jayden hopped up and ran to his room to get two quarters for Dante.

As he passed the bathroom he could tell his mom just got out the shower. He didn't think much of it. He just kept going to his room.

On his dresser was an envelope that wasn't there before. Jayden looked at it for a second. His name was on the envelope written in what looked like blue crayon.

When Jayden opened the envelope, he was shocked to see several $100 bills inside.

He stopped counting at 13, and just sprinted to his mother's room.

He pushed the door wide open, and immediately demanded from his mother who was busy in the mirror fixing her hair "Ma!! Where the hell this money come from??? It's over $1,000 in there!!"

"$1,000???!??!!!" Dante shouted from the living room....

Keisha sucked her teeth,, got up, shut the door and sat back down

"Look Jayden, I don't really know everything baby,.....But your father is home from jail....And this time he's home with money. What you want me to do? Say no?? We clearly are in need"

"So what?? You just gonna get back with him?? "Jayden pleaded more than asked

"No...I mean....I don't know....He's your father...Shit you should be happy, right??" Keisha snapped at her child

"Happy?? Do i need to remind you what happened last time?? And what about Mr Dante, I like him Ma!"

Keisha rolled her eyes " Dante will be okay. And when the last time he brought any kind of money in this house?? We got bills baby, sometimes parents gotta make decisions. And right now I'm making the best one for both of us"

Dante just stared at his mother. He wanted to say so much more, but he found it difficult to talk when he got this emotional. And he knew if he started crying, his mother would ridicule him. He just opened the door and stormed out of the room. "Best for you!!" He managed to get out as he stormed down the hallway

"Aye where my fifty cent little nigga" Dante said as he passed Jayden in the hall

"Here" Jayden gave Dante a $100 bill then slammed the door to his room....

Dante was studying the bill as he walked in the room "you might need to have a talk with that boys teacher.....they really not doing him any favors just passing him along like they been doing......."

Keisha just rolled her eyes, and continued adjusting her dress in the mirror

"And just where in the fuck you think you going??" Dante asked his girlfriend as she stood before him looking better than he's seen her look in some time

"Out" she replied

"Out?" Dante asked

"Out" Keisha maintained with a strong defiant tone. Dante knew there was no winning here. If his options at the moment were any better he would have given her a hard time. But he knew it was best to let this play out. The smart move would reveal itself in time...it always does

"So what I'm supposed to do till you get back?" There was no harm in being a smart ass he reasoned...

"I guess chill with Jayden. Go get a game or something. I don't care" Keisha told him with a strong matter of fact tone....

Dante didn't like this at all. Keisha had done her fair share of going "out", but normally he was at the least able to make her feel some kind of guilty about it.

There was nothing this time. She really didn't give a fuck. He was sure it was the visit by the baby father that did this...But she never really talked about him. Dante knew he had home work to do. This situation was getting very interesting. He couldn't afford to lose her at this point.

"So I'm just a baby sister now?? That's it??" Dante asked

"Jayden paid you didn't he?"

Back