Welcome To aBlackWeb

As police struggle to solve homicides, Baltimore residents see an ‘open season for killing’

Ultimately proving a point is more important than doing a job

Sad part is...they are proving their point.

While a lot if y'all say I'm looking down or whatever....thus is the time for us to step up and show we don't need them.

I remember due saying dudes was making a no shooting zone or something.....
That's a beginning.

I don't understand why y'all don't see we need help in many more ways....

We cant keep blaming poor as a reason for crime.
Its ignorance and opportunistic folk

We keep saying all poor has crime.....I'm worried about only my folk.
Cut that shit out

If violence among poor communities is common in all races it should be more incentive to break away from the pack. Knowing your particular race has a negative relationship with law enforcement should encourage a community to lay down the law themselves rather than inviting people who dont have your best interest at heart to do it for you. Not finger wagging or shit but at some point you have to try. If the consequence for resigning yourself to your fate is death you dont have much to lose.

Then you get into vigilantism, which is a crime in itself. Which then leads to more blood on the streets and is added to the narrative of increased crime rates. On top of the dangers that come from playing Luke Cage in the hood. For all we know that could very well be what's going on right now. The point is that police should do their job because citizens shouldn't have to do it for them.

Then you get into vigilantism, which is a crime in itself. Which then leads to more blood on the streets and is added to the narrative of increased crime rates. On top of the dangers that come from playing Luke Cage in the hood. For all we know that could very well be what's going on right now. The point is that police should do their job because citizens shouldn't have to do it for them.
So yet again....we need those that hate us to help us.

So yet again....we need those that hate us to help us.

YES. Understand that every time you do business, every time you pay a bill, everyday you function in America you are dealing with those that hate us. That's just a truth of living here. That's a truth that every non-white group has to deal with living here, especially black people whom are at the bottom of the racial caste. That's the cost of living in a white supremacist nation, or planet as some would say.

Now if you want to not need them then that is a bigger picture far beyond little Baltimore. That's segregation talk, which I probably wouldn't address as I'm doing here. But since this is a problem that spurs from living in (integrating with) the system of white supremacy, I say hold them accountable where it's warranted.

If we need there help and they don't like us then we can't complain how they treat us. We are leaving our fate in their hands.

Do we hold any responsibility or accountabiliy? Are can we always fall back on ..."we poor"

You're talking extremes. That's television no one said go out fighting crimes as we both know there are ways handle issues that wont draw attention from the media(who arent there for anything positive anyway) or law enforcement(who will take credit for positive change). I agree law enforcement should do their job, but that doesn't mean you dont try to better/uplift your community. I understand that it wont be easy due to lack of resources, education, etc. but again what is the alternative.

You're talking extremes. That's television no one said go out fighting crimes as we both know there are ways handle issues that wont draw attention from the media(who arent there for anything positive anyway) or law enforcement(who will take credit for positive change). I agree law enforcement should do their job, but that doesn't mean you dont try to better/uplift your community. I understand that it wont be easy due to lack of resources, education, etc. but again what is the alternative.
Sounds like a deflection.

We always want someone to do the job parents and family should do.

People send they kids to school for the teachers to raise yet get mad when the teacher disciplines the child.

Why not make the parents step up and do their job vs wanting the police to police your community

If we need there help and they don't like us then we can't complain how they treat us. We are leaving our fate in their hands.

Do we hold any responsibility or accountabiliy? Are can we always fall back on ..."we poor"

People hate us, but we don't need them to like us to defend ourselves. We have the natural born right to speak out against our mistreatment where ever it rears it's head. That is part of our responsibility and you don't need money to do that.

You literally said "lay down the law themselves" in that post. It read like you was trying to take it to extremes.

People hate us, but we don't need them to like us to defend ourselves. We have the natural born right to speak out against our mistreatment where ever it rears it's head. That is part of our responsibility and you don't need money to do that.

You literally said "lay down the law themselves" in that post. It read like you was trying to take it to extremes.
No you dont need money for it...but the lack of it doesn't give you a built in excuse.

You can be poor and share resources and not hurt each other...I lived it growing up.

Look at the parents...in that you can slow crime and corrupt police presence.

No you dont need money for it...but the lack of it doesn't give you a built in excuse.

You can be poor and share resources and not hurt each other...I lived it growing up.

Look at the parents...in that you can slow crime and corrupt police presence.

True, but this isn't a perfect world. You can't expect everyone to always do the right thing. No one is a perfect people, especially blacks as we have a unique situation in this country. The negative stuff will always be stiff competition for the positive. And if one is having an advantage over the other, like crime appears to have in Baltimore with poor policing, it makes sense that this would be the result.

A matter of interpretation. I can see how it came off that way in text but naw more so referring to it like an HOA but on a community level. Helping in each other and trying to find common ground amongst those going through the same struggles you are

True, but this isn't a perfect world. You can't expect everyone to always do the right thing. No one is a perfect people, especially blacks as we have a unique situation in this country. The negative stuff will always be stiff competition for the positive. And if one is having an advantage over the other, like crime appears to have in Baltimore with poor policing, it makes sense that this would be the result.
See...I get that and all.
But why does the statement of us being perfect have to come? Its like your excusing the fuck ups thats fucking our hoods up.
And yes, our situation is unique. That's why we should curb dudes who fucking it up for us all.

I'm not saying crimevwont happen...but we are too deep into this no snitching shit and allowing criminals to hide amongst us and they breed more crime since the lil ones are not seeing them punished....then the youngins see innocents get harassed by cops so what's stopping them from acting out negatively?
Did you peep the game?

See...I get that and all.
But why does the statement of us being perfect have to come? Its like your excusing the fuck ups thats fucking our hoods up.
And yes, our situation is unique. That's why we should curb dudes who fucking it up for us all.

I'm not saying crimevwont happen...but we are too deep into this no snitching shit and allowing criminals to hide amongst us and they breed more crime since the lil ones are not seeing them punished....then the youngins see innocents get harassed by cops so what's stopping them from acting out negatively?
Did you peep the game?

The article in the OP list a plethora of factors contributing to this situation in Baltimore. The statement of not being perfect is just a fact of the matter, not an excuse. I'm starting to think the rest is just notions you have developed of black folks over the years. Nothing I'll type here can change that. You're gonna have to actually witness the flip side of that coin one day for yourself, and maybe you never will.

I am curious as what you would call a negative reaction to seeing innocents harassed by cops.

The article in the OP list a plethora of factors contributing to this situation in Baltimore. The statement of not being perfect is just a fact of the matter, not an excuse. I'm starting to think the rest is just notions you have developed of black folks over the years. Nothing I'll type here can change that. You're gonna have to actually witness the flip side of that coin one day for yourself, and maybe you never will.

I am curious as what you would call a negative reaction to seeing innocents harassed by cops.
When people are innocent and the cops still harass those people, that turns the community against the cops.
You can't trust them.
That's a negative reaction. And its warranted.

Sounds like a deflection.

We always want someone to do the job parents and family should do.

People send they kids to school for the teachers to raise yet get mad when the teacher disciplines the child.

Why not make the parents step up and do their job vs wanting the police to police your community

The thing is what you saying is regular dudes should just walk the block stopping crime. But what he said she said situations. A nigga beat an assault your sister but he says he didnt. Youre gonna believe your sister his fam is gonna roll with him.

We do need third parties to administer justice because the involved parties cant do it. I really dont know what the strategy is. I mean i dont live in the worst area fir blacs either tho

The thing is what you saying is regular dudes should just walk the block stopping crime. But what he said she said situations. A nigga beat an assault your sister but he says he didnt. Youre gonna believe your sister his fam is gonna roll with him.

We do need third parties to administer justice because the involved parties cant do it. I really dont know what the strategy is. I mean i dont live in the worst area fir blacs either tho
So why argue?
Its plenty of situations that can be stopped with men being men and acting like men in our communities.

We allowed shit to get too far and got used to shit being out of control that simple solutions look difficult.

Y'all just don't want to agree...alot if shit can be stopped with fathers, brothers and uncles stepping in to fill voids left by fuck niggas.

Yes, we might have to do double duty...but I rather a black man try to correct a bad kid in his family vs the hood raising him.

I understand our situation fully.
We really don't need third parties.
That sounds weak and dependant on others. Yet we always want to say we came from kings. Are we acting like it?
Or do we then take it to "well, slavery did" which brings us back to...we shouldn't try to escape because we need Massa.

Who's sons are ruining our hoods? Who's sons are the ones robbing, stealing and killing?
You can't blame women. They can't raise men like when a male authority figure is present.

The people, them kids, them criminals was thrown to the wolves by who?
But we want the police to raise and correct the problems left by some ain't shit dude?
Why are we not mad at THAT dude?
Why are we not looking at how we left this bad shit to fester and grow and multiply?
We live in those places. We can't we help clean it up?
Why do we need zoo keepers?
I think too many people dont give us enough credit, yet say giving someone hope that they can be better is a bad thing.
What responsibility do we hold? Or are we just gonna let it get worse because white people started this?

So why argue?
Its plenty of situations that can be stopped with men being men and acting like men in our communities.

We allowed shit to get too far and got used to shit being out of control that simple solutions look difficult.

Y'all just don't want to agree...alot if shit can be stopped with fathers, brothers and uncles stepping in to fill voids left by fuck niggas.

Yes, we might have to do double duty...but I rather a black man try to correct a bad kid in his family vs the hood raising him.

I understand our situation fully.
We really don't need third parties.
That sounds weak and dependant on others. Yet we always want to say we came from kings. Are we acting like it?
Or do we then take it to "well, slavery did" which brings us back to...we shouldn't try to escape because we need Massa.

Who's sons are ruining our hoods? Who's sons are the ones robbing, stealing and killing?
You can't blame women. They can't raise men like when a male authority figure is present.

The people, them kids, them criminals was thrown to the wolves by who?
But we want the police to raise and correct the problems left by some ain't shit dude?
Why are we not mad at THAT dude?
Why are we not looking at how we left this bad shit to fester and grow and multiply?
We live in those places. We can't we help clean it up?
Why do we need zoo keepers?
I think too many people dont give us enough credit, yet say giving someone hope that they can be better is a bad thing.
What responsibility do we hold? Or are we just gonna let it get worse because white people started this?

I say third party as in when you got two people who disagree you need another person to settle it. That how people are you misunderstood. Nobody is saying we not responsible but you saying it like regular niggas dont get shot.

Back