Welcome To aBlackWeb

as black people do you talk differently around your white co workers?

I was going to post this. I don't use that word around non black people at all and cringe when black people use it around or referring to them. I dont really change too much when I talk around white co workers. Only thing I change up will be slang that I use amongst our people because thats just how we naturally communicate at times
Fools these days let the N word rip around them all the time at work. I feel like when u do that it gives them a level of comfort with the word. Then they feel at liberty to use it. I keep it professional. Address me by my name and don't curse at me and I will do the same

Nobody speaks the same around their coworkers. Close thread.
Shiiit. Come to my job. It's all kind of conversations about bitches, hoes, drugs and everything else. Which brings me to the conclusion black folks talk too much. Nobody has to know that you two timing your wife or how much you paid for your house. It's better to just keep them guessing

Meh. Most of the people I work with currently are black save a couple so we let it fly some nights.

Unless it's to whoever I contract for or a customer I'm talking how I talk. But most people would say I'm well spoken so my code switch doesn't go crazy.

It was one time my white work homie giving me a ride home and his drunk gf was in the back and she said nigga. He checked it immediately but ol girl clapped back like "you say nigga all the time, don't do that cause your friends here"

Yo when I tell you I was dying inside laughing. Bitches ain't shit. She kept turning up on him. Like super od to the point it was like -15 so I just pulled down the front window and let that cold air flow to the back and chill her tf out. 😂

I know white people be getting that shit off so it's whatever. Can't really police what he's doing when I'm not around. I be doing shit I'm not supposed to in private as well. He dodged bullets with me so that's my mans.

Fools these days let the N word rip around them all the time at work. I feel like when u do that it gives them a level of comfort with the word. Then they feel at liberty to use it. I keep it professional. Address me by my name and don't curse at me and I will do the same
Exactly. I wanted to say this but the thread about something else and I didn’t want to go into the use of the word around non black folks

I understand code switching and all dat, not a whole bunch of cacs where I work so no es necesario.

Even If I do code switch, the words might change up but the tone stays the same...yeaah, that I'll slap tf outta U tone goes nowhere. I feel all my coworkers need to hear it.

One thing I keep consistent is I lie about personal details all the time. Keep them fuckers out my business.

Besides all that, pretty decent work environment
giphy.gif

I like to keep the professional face on and with that comes a tad higher range of vocabulary. Not nothing on some TI stuff, I still use plain English but very clear speech and word choices. I rather people respect me in that way. it’s not too different from how I post on here. The black man still oozes out many times, but my good sense and professional swag is present. Only time I might talk a LITTLE less professional and more free is amongst a couple of my leadership peers.

I speak the same way to everyone. I don't change how I speak. someone at work did send a complaint to my manager saying " he has the strongest south London accent and it's hard to understand"

One thing I learnt very young is show people who you are so they know what to expect

I keep a level of professionalism with my co-workers of ANY race... sometimes it's the Black co worker you gotta watch out for

Yup I do.

Don't use the word nigga or talk w/ much slang around em. Some blacks in my section, but it's other races I work with. Soon as they walk in, proper english time.

I used to mask the southerness a little, but I don't even do that anymore.

About the only change I really make when around nonblack people is I don't use the N word.

Only time I'm around yt's is when i'm in the office and I try my hardest not to speak unless spoken to. I only talk work shit never on some friendly yipyapping. If it's not work we don't speak if I'm out in public I speak and dip.

Back