Artists U Respect, But Ain’t Really A Fan Of.

what we talkin bout? preachin to the choir? the obvious?
ed sheeren taylor swift
there's a dj type dude that actually got some bonafide musicianship goes by the name Fred Again. muthafucka's insane.
the first 2 artists shit's too simple white sounding no soul but theyre good at it.
was not a fan of Maxwell but he gets down.

Last edited:
I highly respect these artists but just don't check for their music like that:
E40
Tyler The Creator
Scarface
Daz and Kurupt
8 Ball and MJG
Wale
Sean Price

So much more, thats all I can think of for now.

Reactions: Dapper-Fapper901
Hard for me to think of any.

I'd say Scarface is one. He's probably one of the pillars of Southern rap, but I never really got into his music.

J Cole is another. I respect his talent, but his music bores me.

Thread Title should be "Rappers you are a fan of but do not respect"

Sean Price- he was lyrical and funny, but his type of music was kinda not exciting imo.

Juice Wrld- exceptional freestyler, but not a big fan of melodic rap and new age trap beats

Rod Wave- appreciate his vulnerability, but shit gets old fast and don't like melodic rap music and then piano beats

Max B- he couldn't sing for shit, and his fanbase was low-key weird but I appreciate the artists he influenced

SilverfoxxETO - Nigga straight doo doo grits status. Washed ass nigga.

Big Pun- super talented rapper, but his domestic abuse made it really hard to get into his music after learning.

Talib Kwali- backpack rap legend but his shit be lacking impact on the ears and personality

Mack 10- see above but gangsta rap version

Lil Baby- I appreciate his hustle, he genocide cutter cousin, but never understood the hype. Also don't like melodic rap.
Buggin on Sean Price.

One of the most entertaining rappers imo.

RIP P

A few more for me

Kurupt
Ras Kass
Canibus
E-40
Too Short
Lil Wayne
Master P
Paul Wall
Fat Joe
Ja Rule

Eminem and J Cole
- Severely Overrated
Eminem's fame and success is largely due to his skin color. He can rhyme but mostly just plays scrabble with words.
J Cole makes good music but fans exaggerate his talent by comparing him to Lil Wayne or Kendrick Lamar. He is nowhere close. Most of his fans are simple minded people who believe they are smart. Thats why they are amazed by his mediocre and relatable bars.

• Cap
Reactions: Maywood
Eminem and J Cole
- Severely Overrated
Eminem's fame and success is largely due to his skin color. He can rhyme but mostly just plays scrabble with words.
J Cole makes good music but fans exaggerate his talent by comparing him to Lil Wayne or Kendrick Lamar. He is nowhere close. Most of his fans are simple minded people who believe they are smart. Thats why they are amazed by his mediocre and relatable bars.
Agreed with the Em part mostly but why are Cole's bars being relatable a bad thing?

Agreed with the Em part mostly but why are Cole's bars being relatable a bad thing?
Its not a bad thing. I'm just saying the relatability and simplicity of his bars makes it easier for a wider audience to understand. They can't fully comprehend someone like Kendrick but J Cole is perfect for their level of intellect 🤷‍♂️