Welcome To aBlackWeb

Artists/Celebrities passing who affected you so much that you let out Thug Tears

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
I'll start it off. Nipsey Hussle passing literally had me depressed for about a month and half. It was the first time I cried based on a artist passing, and it honestly shocked me how much I was affected about it since I wasn't that deep in his music. It was just the story and unfortunate situation of the whole thing and thinking what he could have done if his potential wasn't cut short. Dude was a special being. The video of how it went down didn't help either. STILL can't watch anything related to him it just saddens me and pisses me off too much.

Another was Kobe. Who was it for y'all?

Steve Irwin, I was really into animals as a kid and he was one of my idols. I still remember when my mom showed me the newspaper.

Kobe and Gianna.

MJ

Never shed tears over a celebrity passing but a few have made me pause.

Nip
Kobe
Aaliyah
Pac
BIG
Chadwick Boseman (was just able to finally watch his movies again.)

Michael Jackson
Kobe Bryant and Gianna ,that helicopter accident really made me sad cause I just dropped off my niece at her house when I got the news

Kobe was hard because he was doing something so routine. He and Gianna have made that same trip dozens of times and always arrived safely
hit close to home cause we take for granted the routine things like commuting to work, etc for granted. Made me hug my family a little tighter.

Nip was more for what he stood for in his community and black people in general. He was really becoming a new voice that could actually reach the avg young black person and get them to start thinking differently about prosperity in all facets of life. To see him taken like that by a crab was ill.

all the other artists was more just the void they left and how their art literally inspired the world. Big and Pac goes without saying...we still hear their DNA in music almost 25 yrs later. Same with Aaliyah. Chadwick was this generations Denzel. Its just sad to see such supremely talented people pass without reaching their full potential.

Kobe was the first time I cried over a celebrity dying. Was in shock at first. Then when they said his daughter was with him it was tears.

Man at first they said it was all of his daughters, tears were flowing when I heard tha

Kobe,

Kobe because it was fucking kobe bryant and nobody was expecting that.

Plus in those days leading up to him and his daughters death I just remember there was a lot of Kobe talk on social media. I remember there was this one clip being circulated around twitter. There was a lot of people sharing it and talking about and how close Kobe and Giana were. It was a clip of them at that last game and people were talking about how close they were and about how Kobe was schooling her on the game while they were sitting there watching.

Then next thing you know they both gone

Didnt shed tears but:

J Dilla
MF Doom
Phife Dawg
Mac Miller
Prodigy
Chadwick Boseman
ODB
Kobe Bryant
Sean Price
Camu Tao