Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Arsenio Hall: Smart & Classy

I've never seen his standup before but ima check this out to see if it's any good

Yeah it's a few of them 80's dudes who came up on Stand-Up but are famous something else

Arsenio
Keenen Ivory Wayans
Robert Townsend

I haven't seen any of them dudes stand-up before.

From stories I've heard Keenan Robert Townsend and Arsenio all came up at the same time.

Keenan and Robert where killing it and were really good friends with Eddie Murphy. They both were writers on Eddie Murphy Raw.

Arsenio wasn't having no success but he became friends with Eddie and pretty much them two. Ecame inseparable. He used that friendship to get access to Hollywood producers and even though his standup wasn't hitting he was a great host and got the Arsenio Hall show.

Keenan and Robert were already stars by that point and their friendship with Eddie wasn't the same as Arsenio and Eddie became BFFs.

There was a feeling that Arsenio got put on cuz of Eddie and not his talent and that's why Keenan would clown him on In Living Color

I had heard he was doing stand up spots on podcasts awhile back, didnt hear nothing about him doing a special though, that's cool. Will watch this weekend.

Hard to judge a standup set with a trailer. I never even watch the trailers. Better off just watching the first couple mins and judging by that

From stories I've heard Keenan Robert Townsend and Arsenio all came up at the same time.

Keenan and Robert where killing it and were really good friends with Eddie Murphy. They both were writers on Eddie Murphy Raw.

Arsenio wasn't having no success but he became friends with Eddie and pretty much them two. Ecame inseparable. He used that friendship to get access to Hollywood producers and even though his standup wasn't hitting he was a great host and got the Arsenio Hall show.

Keenan and Robert were already stars by that point and their friendship with Eddie wasn't the same as Arsenio and Eddie became BFFs.

There was a feeling that Arsenio got put on cuz of Eddie and not his talent and that's why Keenan would clown him on In Living Color

That's fucked up cause it's not like he wasn't funny in his movie rolls and he was a damn good host for the Arsenio Hall show. I say that cause it's one thing to get put on and keep fucking up but that ain't the case for Arsenio.

Source?

Back