Welcome To aBlackWeb

Junk Pile

PRAISE: This story within a story about
author Elly Conway who writes best-selling espionage novels about a secret agent named Argylle but ends up in spy plot herself has a few good moments. I love Bryce Dallas Howard and she plays it cute as a writer suddenly thrown into a world of espionage. Sam Rockwell and Howard have some good moments together. I did laugh several times especially during one action sequence that was visually fun. I actually wanted to see more of Alfie the Cat in action. I mean if you are going to go where this movie goes why not include Alfie some more !! There was some charm around the edges of this movie.

PROBLEMS: The predictable moments outweigh any surprises. The pacing is pretty bad as characters sit around saying : Well this happened because of this ,and I did this because this happened. So many easy paychecks were written for this cast as characters vanish for long periods of time.
Once one action sequence started I kept hoping how it was done visually wouldn't happen throughout the whole movie but unfortunately it does. The climax in this film is unbelievable and not in a good way. The CGI during it is beyond awful. What happens during it I didn't find funny or charming. None of it worked for me,it was just cheesier than a six cheese grilled cheese sandwich. Some wooden acting throughout then some. The only way I think this movie will work for people if they go in looking for a live action cartoon.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 3½

Positives from this film:

Sam Rockwell
Dua Lipa's fine ass lol

This shit was a clusterfuck with twist after predictable twist. To make it worse, its 2 hours and 20 minutes of nonsense

Back