Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are you the bread winner in your family?

I make more than anyone on either side of my family has ever made. Probably on my wife’s side too. Of course her dad who was making 6 figures in the 90’s was probably better off then me making 6 figures in the 2020’s even though his salary was less.

I think free cash flow is a good indicator of how well someone is living though. If you maxed out on debt you could be making a lot and seriously struggling.

I live in Brooklyn.

$65K can work, if:

You live in a one-bedroom ($1500-$1800/ month)

You probably don’t drive to work

Your cell phone is less than $150/month

You’re not drinking/partying heavy on the weekends.

I pulled $140K last year and told my wife a couple weeks ago, she needs to go back to work. It’s never enough.
You right about it never being enough. When I was making about $75k I thought I had made it. Then $90k wasn’t enough, then $110k wasn’t enough. Where I am now isn’t enough. I’m looking for that next promotion already and I only been in my current job for 7 months, lol. I’ll give them 2 years to promote me or I’ll jump ship for it.

My brothers and sister get paid way more than me. They all have their Bachelor & Master Degrees.
I have 2 Associate Degrees in Computer Technology & Maritime Technology.
Completed my Electrician Journeyman thing a long time ago.
I take my Masters in a few weeks

I make more money than anyone in my family and I don't have a single degree.

I make more money than anyone in my family and I don't have a single degree.
That's whats up.
I know truck drivers in the construction business that easily make 100k without a degree. Doing much better than people that are still stuck with college loans

The money is out there yo, word.

So many OSHA classes going on. Mad people getting their OSHA 10 & 30 certificates.

In NYC Electricians, Carpenters, Plumbers, Foreman, Mechanic, and any blue collar jobs where you getting ya hands dirty, you need ya OSHA 30. Also in NYC, you have to be a Journeyman level. These construction companies don't have time to train Apprentices.

Construction is where the money at yo but niggas don't want to work. Some niggas can talk a good talk but they rarely get together and make dough.

Bet money you go to any Scaffolding class in NYC, you gonna see nothing but Dominicans and Mexicans yo. I wish niggas can get together like that.

100k down here would have you in the best neighborhoods

50K is a house in a decent suburb

40K is a decent apartment

30K will get you a apartment in the projects

Yep.

And it comes with problems. Im amazed at how many ppl dont like to see others succeed. You expect it from strangers and associates, but damn your own blood and ppl you been rockin with 10+ yrs?

These past two years have shown me a lot about ppl. I was in denial at first, little slick shit ppl say here and there but now I just accept it and move accordingly.

I pay for everything. My wife owns her own business, but she's been investing all the profits from it back into it to help it grow, so she's not contributing to the household yet.

Our family is fine. I'm not pulling in 1%er money or anything like that but I make well above average. That said, I often do wonder how others get by given life isn't exactly carefree even with what I make.

Back