Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are There Beyonce Fans In The House?

Allergens

Me I'm Supa Fly
This isnt a troll thread, I'm not dissing Beyonce.

There's a lot of comparisons to Micheal Jackson for Beyonce. I am a MJ fan and not a fan of Beyonce, so the comparison is crazy to me. At the same time the comparison could be crazy because im not as on to her work as a genuine fan is.

So I'm asking Beyonce Fans, can you drop a Bae song that is as Sonically perfect as

Can you drop a Bae song that's as vocally perfect as

Can you drop a song and video as iconic as

Put me on to where the comparison lies because I'm willing to understand.

I'm a huge Beyonce fan.

While I do believe Mike Jack to be a bit of a hype, I don't think the comparison is based on their music. It was based on their live performances.

I still wouldn't agree, but that's what they're sayin'

I feel you, Im online seeing people say "artist". Goldie made a thread about MJ vs B performing. And she does put on a great performance, but lately I'm seeing online people are saying "Artist".

That's where I'm

"riight"

Show me where that is equal enough to argue a comparison.

I'll bite

I'm not really a MJ stan nor a Beyonce stan, but Beyonce earned my respect. Not saying she's as good, better or worse than MJ, but it is what it is.

I see where it can come from, she can definitely sing very well. The one at the super bowl, she sang that flawlessly.

I'm tryna hear that undeniable joint, that makes me think. Aight, they might not be bugging. The song wit Swizz is aight though.

I don't know if single ladies was her biggest hit....

But that shit impacted the identity of single women in America.

I've worked at clubs and bars... And outside of line dance songs not too many people are dominant as bey when it comes to moving women...

Get me bodied like over 10 years old and can still make everyone dance in unison

Yea I can see that, if I had to put it against a MJ song and say it's the quality of that song. I'd say "I'm bad" and "single ladies" are on the same level

Great post Du

"Listen" is one of those songs where I think her vocals were exceptionally well. Also "Halo" is pretty good.

One of my favorites is "Love on Top". I love how towards the end of the song she sings the bridge an octave higher than each time before.

I like Beyoncé I think she is great. I’m not a Stan but I’m a fan who listens to a few of her songs. I couldn’t sing one Beyoncé album all the way through. However she’s the shit.

I think she’s a wonderful entertainer. She’s the female MJ.

"Listen" is one of those songs where I think her vocals were exceptionally well. Also "Halo" is pretty good.

One of my favorites is "Love on Top". I love how towards the end of the song she sings the bridge an octave higher than each time before.

Not a Beyonce fan but my ex used to love her. If all of her music was like these three songs she’d be on another level but she puts out a lot of garbage too.

I like Beyoncé I think she is great. I’m not a Stan but I’m a fan who listens to a few of her songs. I couldn’t sing one Beyoncé album all the way through. However she’s the shit.

I think she’s a wonderful entertainer. She’s the female MJ.
I can see definitely see that being the case in a comparison battle with Whitney Houston.

Totally off topic, but "Love On Top", if you just listen to the song @ it's core sans the lyrics (the melody, the beat/composition) it sounds like contemporary gospel song. It always and still comes off to me as it could be a song for Mary Mary or some other new age gospel singer (if the lyrics were slightly different of course). My girl @ the time LOVED this song (it was even her ring tone) and all she pretty much listened to was church music. I felt like the gospel undertones of the song is the reason why she liked it so much.

Either way it's a dope song and The Dream kilt that for her!

Last edited:
Totally off topic, but "Love On Top", if you just listen to the song @ it's core sans the lyrics (the melody, the beat/composition) it sounds like contemporary gospel song. It always and still comes off to me as it could be a song for Mary Mary or some other new age gospel singer (if the lyrics were slightly different of course). My girl @ the time LOVED this song (it was even her ring tone) and all she pretty much listened to was church music. I felt like the gospel undertones of the song is the reason why she liked it so much.

Either way it's a dope song and The Dream kilt that for her!
I agree, but it gives me an ol skool 80s feel. It really is a nice song.
Plus the video is an ode to New Edition "If It Isn't Love". How can ppl NOT like it lol?!

Lmao...

All her uptempo songs from the last 10 yrs have been garbage

Shrug

Ehhh, I wouldn't say ALL her uptempo songs in the last decade are trash b/c that's hyperbole, but she does have a number of'em that's no bueno.

7/11, Freak'em Dress, and Feelin' Myself (I know that exactly ain't her song, but still) are terrible!

Back