Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Are The Murderers (Jay Z, DMX and Ja Rule) The Greatest Group Ever?

They're the best right after the commision and Pac's One Nation that would've had Outkast, Dj Premo, Scarface to name a few.

They're the best right after the commision and Pac's One Nation that would've had Outkast, Dj Premo, Scarface to name a few.

I've only heard that One Nation was an album recorded during the middle of the Biggie and Pac beef by Death Row and Duck Down to signal that there was no east/west beef. Also because pac and buckshot were friends.

As for "Murder Inc" the few songs they have are cool, but nothing incredible. I dont think they have that great of chemistry tbh and its probably the reason the group didnt work out as there were rumors that they were supposed to do an album.

Wouldn't say they were the greatest but they had good chemistry....... I recently found the sample for It's Murda, always loved that joint

I've only heard that One Nation was an album recorded during the middle of the Biggie and Pac beef by Death Row and Duck Down to signal that there was no east/west beef. Also because pac and buckshot were friends.

As for "Murder Inc" the few songs they have are cool, but nothing incredible. I dont think they have that great of chemistry tbh and its probably the reason the group didnt work out as there were rumors that they were supposed to do an album.

Oh wow, just found this:

http://thesource.com/2015/02/06/handwritten-tupac-letter-reveals-one-nation-album-with-outkast-more/

Would have been fucking nuts.

Jay-Z and Ja Rule do not have a classic album

Though Jay-Z is the greatest Lyricist/MC ever and most technically sound MC ever

Not having an album shouldn't matter we have tons of solo music to go off of.

But as a group, they would need music to reference as the were solo artist when they became famous, then did a joint venture (Jigga's favorite) as three of the hottest rappers out. Unlike Tribe, Wu-Tang UGK who became famous as a group.

But as a group, they would need music to reference as the were solo artist when they became famous, then did a joint venture (Jigga's favorite) as three of the hottest rappers out. Unlike Tribe, Wu-Tang UGK who became famous as a group.
We should be able to use their solo stuff as a reference though.

The catalog of Ghostface, Raekwon and Method Man alone beats the catalog of Jay, DMX and Ja without even taking into account classic albums from GZA, ODB, Masta Killa and other great work from Deck, RZA to go along with their work together as a group. You can't be fucking serious.

Jay-Z had the most successful career of them all but his catalog isn't better than Ghostface's and most of his best work dropped between 1996-2001. DMX also probably sold more than any solo Wu-Tang member, in my opinion he's a bit overrated in the hip hop community and all his notable work occured between 1998-2003. Ja Rule has good albums and probably underrated but no classics and his best shit was from 1999-2002, very short period.

Outside of Wu-Tang Clan obviously being lightyears ahead of these 3 between all the material they released from 1993-2018, there are other obvious answers like Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy E and MC Ren.

The members of UGK, Outkast, Three 6 Mafia, Black Hippy, Mobb Deep, Goodie Mob, Roots, Boot Camp Clik, Geto Boys, The Firm, etc.. also outclass their catalogs..

next?

Back