Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are Relationships Really THAT Difficult?

IP360

Doctorate & Ph.D in Bootyology
How much unnecessary stress do we put on the relationship itself?

Do our own expectations for the relationship tend to get in the way, rather than letting things progress on its own?

Compared to other things going on in life, idealy a relationship imo should be the least stressful. I understand circumstances outside of it can contribute to the difficulties, but internally...things should be relatively be calm. So why do folks make it difficult?

What are your thoughts?

People are over emotional and like to act up due to the way society is structured but that's another story. To me the key to a good relationship is knowing when to distance yourself from your partner, too much time together will make shit stale, distance and trust is the key.

Do our own expectations for the relationship tend to get in the way, rather than letting things progress on its own?

Compared to other things going on in life, idealy a relationship imo should be the least stressful. I understand circumstances outside of it can contribute to the difficulties, but internally...things should be relatively be calm. So why do folks make it difficult?

What are your thoughts?

Dealing with other humans is complicated. Miscommunications and hurt feelings and a bunch of other shit

People are over emotional and like to act up due to the way society is structured but that's another story. To me the key to a good relationship is knowing when to distance yourself from your partner, too much time together will make shit stale, distance and trust is the key.

I believe this as well.

Sometimes my s/o think we got to do to EVERYTHING together. Lol. Especially when we go home.

For me going back home is my "detox" time. We visit each others peoples from time to time, but I need at a day or two just for myself.

I believe this as well.

Sometimes my s/o think we got to do to EVERYTHING together. Lol. Especially when we go home.

For me going back home is my "detox" time. We visit each others peoples from time to time, but I need at a day or two just for myself.

Same for me if she doesn't back up and give me room I get snappy with her, I explained this to her and shes pretty cool with it, understanding is important, it took time tho I think some women just wanna own you.

It depends on your personality. For me I was a solitary( still am ) person. So the compromise of sharing space and not being able to do things with just myself to think about was a problem. But once I fully understood that she was my forever woman and we had a child it became easier for me to compromise on a lot of things. Sometimes she says I am too easy going now and she pokes the lion to make sure I still have teeth.

it dont have to be......respect is the thing that most relationships lack and thats where problems come in at.

if i cant respect your wants, needs, desires and wishes.....then how we gonna succeed? shit why should i even respect a conversation?

Theyre difficult bc ppl constantly change so it can be very easy to grow apart.

Also making mistakes can have a snowball effect if communication is minimal.

To keep these things in line takes work and effort especially years into a relationship when things can go stale or eyes/minds start to wander.

a relationship is the hardest journey that 2 individuals can take together. you have to get rid of I and start saying we and us. naturally we are selfish beings. in a serious relationship such as marriage u give up a large part of who u are to focus on the best interest of the couple. before u got married u ate what u wanted when u wanted. u went where u wanted and lived how u wanted. after marriage ur eating for 2, living in a place acceptable by 2. u depend on each other for survival. they can be perfect and u can be the coolest person in the world but u will have disagreements. u will give up a lot of who u are. u will have to adjust ur life and focus on the other person just as much as u focus on urself. if u are not able to do that successfully no relationship will last. it will be a living hell.

people are selfish and jaded by what appears to be "normal" of relationships today

which is broken families, side pieces, and drama....when it should be all constant gratification and matching shoes

trying to go into a relationship feeling this way about it is fucked from jump

people just wanna label somebody for optics but both of them are really just killing time until they feel like they can get what they really desire or feel they deserve

yeah, your relationship is gonna be trash lol

What are your thoughts?

1. We don't knowingly put stress on the relationship. More often than not I think people in relationships have different values or beliefs that clash that puts stress on the relationship. For example, I am big on words meaning what words mean. If you say, "You're always late" and try to argue that point, I take you at face value not "You know I didn't mean it." I don't default to "You're just playing." I default to being understood and clarity, so I know what you said and set out to dispel that fuckery. Of course once or twice or even ten times doesn't get annoying, but weeks, months, and years of someone doing things you have specifically said irritate you? Eh...

2. Yes. People's expectations ruin a lot of shit. I had one ex who was awesome BUT her family's expectation that marriage come after three or at most six months of dating, complete religious conversion, and accepting "jealousy as a normal way to be" killed the relationship dead. Clashing expectations are a mofo.

3. People make relationships difficult because most people don't need to be in a relationship. Think about this for a second: when do you compromise the most in life? At work. While being paid. Now, you work 8, 10, 12 or even 16 hours a day several days a week. So most of your waking hours are spent in a compromise for pay situation. Now, once you are from under that constant comprised state, here's a person standing there asking you to compromise even more of your time for something you may not want to do because he or she "loves" you in invisible currency. So on the surface "more date nights" or "You never watch what I want to watch" may seem like simple things, they are not simple to people who spend 60+ hours a week doing anything BUT what they want. It's just another set of compromise and only this time with no financial incentive.

Very few people are in situations where a little more compromise is acceptable, and most of us are in situations where we're at the border or over the line where even an ask for compromise turns into a "No, I'm doing what the fuck I want! I don't care if we don't spend time together! I can't even spend time with me! Fuck outta here talking about the zoo!"

That's one of the reasons I figure people cheat most. They want to control something or the illusion of control, so the minute they find someone comfortable with sneaking in the side door or being there when they say it's on and popping.

people are selfish and jaded by what appears to be "normal" of relationships today

which is broken families, side pieces, and drama....when it should be all constant gratification and matching shoes

trying to go into a relationship feeling this way about it is fucked from jump

people just wanna label somebody for optics but both of them are really just killing time until they feel like they can get what they really desire or feel they deserve

yeah, your relationship is gonna be trash lol
stop coming down on side chicks.....they are like hertz customers.

they want to rent the car when they need it......then they let the owner have it back

Back