Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are Correctional Officers considered the same as Police Officers

Has there ever been a thread made on why it's so hard for posters to admit when they are wrong?

Yall niggas really made a thread for this corny shit?

I never said a cop and CO were the exact same thing. One works inside one works outside, it doesn't make a difference to the point I made.

lol i saw this and wanted to clarify I got baited lmao

my answer is the same but when I read what this stemmed from im like

:dfbruh:

One of the most crooked, drug dealin, shoot-a-nigga cats from my crew from high school ended up being a C.O. at a prison near Ann Arbor. He told me that on-premise, they're the law but off premise, they're just regular ass niggas.

Last edited:
COs can be dirty like cops. I knew some of them and they got stories for days. Some treat inmates right, some are mean and a lot are lazy. They are not cops by their job description, but they are guards. All of them don't even have guns.

It's like how air Force niggaz and Marines niggaz are both military niggaz....

But them niggaz is not the same....

I could never be a co. I know too many niggaz locked up

I could never be a co. I know too many niggaz locked up
Don't mean anything

My cousin would routinely see niggas he went to high school with up in there and straight up told them "ain't nothing I can do for you"

I think some yall are about to understand where some of your more cop supporting friends are coming from when they use such and such friend as an example of why you personally should see things their way...

Just cause yall got friends and family members that work as CO's doesnt change the fact that they were hired by the Sheriff's dept. and indoctrinated.

Give a damn what color their blouse is or what part of the entrance exam they refuse to complete, or how much more they enjoy the overtime... They are still part of the long arm of the Law.

I think some yall are about to understand where some of your more cop supporting friends are coming from when they use such and such friend as an example of why you personally should see things their way...

Just cause yall got friends and family members that work as CO's doesnt change the fact that they were hired by the Sheriff's dept. and indoctrinated.

Give a damn what color their blouse is or what part of the entrance exam they refuse to complete, or how much more they enjoy the overtime... They are still part of the long arm that is the Law.
Jamel, can a CO pull you over for speeding?

Can a CO outside of work search you to see if you are holding drugs?

I'm not talking about sheriffs who work in prisons, I'm taking about COs

Now I'm not condoning any of the shit the police officers can do but they are not the same as COs outside of a jail setting

And we've been saying they are all a part of the law enforcement tree, they just not the same in terms of what their duties and responsibilities are

Jamel, can a CO pull you over for speeding?

Can a CO outside of work search you to see if you are holding drugs?

I'm not talking about sheriffs who work in prisons, I'm taking about COs

Now I'm not condoning any of the shit the police officers can do but they are not the same as COs outside of a jail setting

And we've been saying they are all a part of the law enforcement tree, they just not the same in terms of what their duties and responsibilities are

This is a conversation where the variables differ from state to state.

Meaning:

In Kentucky minimally trained deputy sheriff's can do all the things you just listed.

Yall really bout to debate me on law enforcement hierarchy, huh?

Bet yall aint know that Co's from federal pen's have full arresting powers...

Yall gon learn something today, i promise.

Give a damn what color their blouse is or what part of the entrance exam they refuse to complete, or how much more they enjoy the overtime... They are still part of the long arm of the Law.

Facts. They acting like COs dont have the same if not more power to abuse

Back