Are Correctional Officers considered the same as Police Officers

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
From a discussion in the "Rap Authentcity" thread

but basically, @Goldie thinks COs are the same as cops

I and a couple other members dont.

Discuss

And I think you're downplaying Ross being a cop. Especially a guy who says "fuck the cops" on 50% of his songs lol let's keep it a buck.

im not downplaying him being a CO....and a CO aint a cop so I'm not gonna let you try to equate the two when they have two very distinct roles

Have u ever been in jail or prison? A CO is a cop, trust me.

and also...being a CO and being an actual cop are two different things...its fair to say that he was the lil homie with a clean record that we can get on the inside to hep move shit in prison...that is def a possibility...and I doubt that he will come out and be like "yeah I was helping moving drugs inside"

any way...

I have. And there is a difference between a CO(jailer) and a cop.

CO's are cops, officers, police and on the real, they're worse than the cops yall see on the day to day basis. Yall aint been in there, and thank god for that, but please, chill with that CO's aint cops shit.

Yall playing semantics, a CO is a police officer. Niggas really in here debating "that's not a cop, that's a police officer" like that really makes a difference.

A CO not a cop

if you are painting all "law enforcement" as essentially police officers, then while i disagree, I might understand that pov better

but sounds like another thread

You asked a question and I was able to answer in the affirmative and disagree with your position.

It's not semantics, it's actually a fact that a CO and a police officer are two different things. But we all understand the meaning of what you're saying and, as a person who has had interaction with both, there's a difference.

No.

While they are the "same" as being under the LEO(Law Enforcement Officer) umbrella...

Their roles are different...

for example:

Local PD
County Sherrif
State Trooper
FBI
ATF
US Marshalls
ICE

all considered LEO's but we can def say they all have different roles

like in public?

fuck no lmao

they may have the same legal backing but they're not regarded the same by people at all

saying "im a corrections officer" will NOT keep nobody off your ass

:foh3:

giphy.gif

No.

While they are the "same" as being under the LEO(Law Enforcement Officer) umbrella...

Their roles are different...

for example:

Local PD
County Sherrif
State Trooper
FBI
ATF
US Marshalls
ICE

all considered LEO's but we can def say they all have different roles

Fucking Goldie Lol

Park Rangers and constables are cops too

Niggas don't treat CO's as "cops"

US Fish and Wildlife Agency
Secret Service
CIA
NCIS

all LEO's

Are they cops too bruh?

Niggas fight COs, (Everyday)

Niggas don't fight cops at all

That's how Niggas treat COs

COs and cops are treated different, by definition they are the same, but in the world of Niggas and folks behind that wall they are not the same

i read the book of goldie

ijs

You don't read shit but comic books nigga, cut it out. And in typical comic book nigga fashion, a topic about some street shit gets turned into a semantics game about law enforcement, u can't make this shit up lol

Really depends on the location dont it?

Like im certain some places employ sheriff deputies to man prisons.

So if Florida is similar, then yeah Ross was a cop.

He went thru the indoctrination minus defensive driving and social interactions.

You don't read shit but comic books nigga, cut it out. And in typical comic book nigga fashion, a topic about some street shit gets turned into a semantics game about law enforcement, u can't make this shit up lol

now its law enforcement?

this is why i was trying to get you to be specific b/c my cousin is a sheriff that worked in a prison. He was not a CO.

if you wanna say law enforcement, cool...but you were hellbent on trying to say the two are the same as in there is no difference b/t a CO and a cop when there is

Back