Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Are Black Men That Don't Honor The Nod Automatically Coons?

Word? How is this not universally understood. I 100% understand women not knowing but that’s on some unwritten guy code tip.

Yeah man, nobody nodded down where I'm from. Only started noticing that shit when I started working downtown and figured it was a cultural thing. And still think that's part of it since it's the younger white guys that nod up.

holy shit i just noticed that white = up nod, black = down nod. That shit is accurate like 99% of the time

and yes, not reciprocating the nod is coonish at worst, mad impolite at best

The nod is a younger male hood shit. You get older you not thinking about it, I can't even remember the last time I did the nod.

I hit niggas with the wassup and keep it moving.

or maybe as we get older, we just aint aware we are doing the nod and its just second nature

....so what you're all telling me is it's like... Bikers with they lil half wave. I get it.... No wonder no one out here in the middle of nowhere does it or returns it... Every once in a while... A few (very few) old farmers...

I didn't realize it was a more specified group thing... Makes sense now.

The nod is a younger male hood shit. You get older you not thinking about it, I can't even remember the last time I did the nod.

I hit niggas with the wassup and keep it moving.

Nah b, as you get older, the nod is crucial especially at the office. Spot I used to work at had very few bruhs there so whenever you ran across one in the hallway the nod was a sign of respect and recognition. The only cat that didn't really do it was this Nupe nigga, but he was younger than most of us and by the time I left the company he was on-board with it. He was on some "I don't know you nigga"-type shit, but one of the senior engineers had a sit-down with him and explained that Black men in these kinds of positions need to recognize one another as a form of solidarity and camaraderie even if we don't know one another like that.

Outside of that one cat, bruhs have given each other the nod at pretty much every place I worked in the professional world.

Nah b, as you get older, the nod is crucial especially at the office. Spot I used to work at had very few bruhs there so whenever you ran across one in the hallway the nod was a sign of respect and recognition. The only cat that didn't really do it was this Nupe nigga, but he was younger than most of us and by the time I left the company he was on-board with it. He was on some "I don't know you nigga"-type shit, but one of the senior engineers had a sit-down with him and explained that Black men in these kinds of positions need to recognize one another as a form of solidarity and camaraderie even if we don't know one another like that.

Outside of that one cat, bruhs have given each other the nod at pretty much every place I worked in the professional world.

Yo.. they really had a sit down meeting over the nod. That’s crazy lolol straight out of a seinfeld plot.

Yo.. they really had a sit down meeting over the nod. That’s crazy lolol straight out of a seinfeld plot.

Yeah, I knew the OG 'cause we had worked on a project together and he knew the Nupe nigga 'cause he was put on the OG's team for his first project. OG had observed dude in the hallway refusing to nod a few times and he brought it up to him in the cafeteria at lunch one day. OG told a few of us in one of them hallway pow-wow's and after that we started noticing dude giving everyone the nod.

I had a friend(not black) ask me if i knew all those dudes im always giving the nod to..or why i randomly get dapped up out and about lol..

People in hawaii kinda do it too, but its more eyebrows than head..

I had a friend(not black) ask me if i knew all those dudes im always giving the nod to..or why i randomly get dapped up out and about lol..

People in hawaii kinda do it too, but its more eyebrows than head..

Can't see mutual respect between strangers and understand....... Just sayin....

Back