Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY are Black businesses too expensive?

Are Black businesses too expensive?

• HELL YEA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • some cases yes, other cases no

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • not at all

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Chick that braid my hair has never been on no bullshit with prices or general attitude. She changed locations like 5x in 3 yrs and I followed her everywhere she went. I see what niggas be talking about when they stick with the same barber for yrs.

If you black and do good business/work you get priority with me. Don't care about cost really anymore.

I shop black owned especially when it comes to hair products. I don’t mind spending a lil extra that goes for mom and pop shops in general. Of course you still shop around for a bargain but hell yea support.

So y’all all shop black owned huh?

Ok
If it's some basic item(s) I can just get at target, im getting my convenient shopping in. Something a lil more specific, ill search if there's a black company or majority black company selling what I need. If not, I'm going to whoever do the best work for the best price.

I don’t care about black owned
1622577271367.png
nah listen..

If a spot has what I want, and the owner happens to be black, extra bonus to me that I’m helping out a fellow black person.But I don’t go out looking for black owned. Because I’m black and the areas I frequent the majority of the times are “black” areas, more often than not, the spots I end up have store fronts being leased and ran by black people. But I’m not putting that weight on my shoulders. I got too much other shit to care about.

And my thing is if you open a business and that business is explicitly dependent upon black people, as a black person with black family members and friends, you should fucking know better. I’ve seen people not fuck wit someone black cause they mad at the person and they know the person has limited clientele, and they want the person to have one less black person they can depend on.

As a black enterprising individual, it’s great to cater to black people, but having your business relay solely on black people

this where you end up

1622577660592.gif

I don’t care about black owned
View attachment 549170
nah listen..

If a spot has what I want, and the owner happens to be black, extra bonus to me that I’m helping out a fellow black person.But I don’t go out looking for black owned. Because I’m black and the areas I frequent the majority of the times are “black” areas, more often than not, the spots I end up have store fronts being leased and ran by black people. But I’m not putting that weight on my shoulders. I got too much other shit to care about.

And my thing is if you open a business and that business is explicitly dependent upon black people, as a black person with black family members and friends, you should fucking know better. I’ve seen people not fuck wit someone black cause they mad at the person and they know the person has limited clientele, and they want the person to have one less black person they can depend on.

As a black enterprising individual, it’s great to cater to black people, but having your business relay solely on black people

this where you end up

View attachment 549178
:pause:

It’s the same in privately owned white businesses too.

Only thing is we wouldn’t know because ain’t nobody trying to get their hair, nails, or clothes from a white shop, lol.

And I always shop black at any chance I get. I even make sure to hire black mechanics and lawn keepers and such. Anytime I can throw money at a black business I do. And I overpay my son’s barber every cut and give nice Christmas cash.

Last edited:
in my area their a african hair shop i hardly see anyone going in but in another plaza there is hair spot thats run by Asians and its busy asf . Whats sucks since the pandemic started the african shop had to close down

Last edited:
This shit is one of the reasons I don't sell a product or provide a service to people, strictly B2B where I'm free to charge what I feel is a good rate and nobody bats an eyelash.

There was once a point in the 90's where my ex and I were going to try to open up a car audio shop after I had been in the industry for a number of years. The problem for me would have been the inability to buy enough good product to get a cheaper wholesale price like the big box joints could (Circuit City, Best Buy, Dash Concepts/Fretter, etc). My only option would be to start out selling low to mid-tier shit that the other retailers wouldn't really fuck with, but because I had a decent reputation around SE Michigan I couldn't see myself selling garbage just to make a buck.

The same shit goes for anyone selling a product. If you can't buy in numbers, you don't get better pricing which means either you're going to have to try to make it on razor thin profits on each unit sold or you're going to have to sell your wares for more than a larger competitor has to. The only other option is to sell a product that can't easily be found in larger retailers but that means your customer base may be extremely limited.

when it comes to providing services to consumers, you have more competition and some of that comp will definitely cut corners in order to cut costs (i.e. nail salons that use cheap, often times harmful chemicals).

This shit is one of the reasons I don't sell a product or provide a service to people, strictly B2B where I'm free to charge what I feel is a good rate and nobody bats an eyelash.

There was once a point in the 90's where my ex and I were going to try to open up a car audio shop after I had been in the industry for a number of years. The problem for me would have been the inability to buy enough good product to get a cheaper wholesale price like the big box joints could (Circuit City, Best Buy, Dash Concepts/Fretter, etc). My only option would be to start out selling low to mid-tier shit that the other retailers wouldn't really fuck with, but because I had a decent reputation around SE Michigan I couldn't see myself selling garbage just to make a buck.

The same shit goes for anyone selling a product. If you can't buy in numbers, you don't get better pricing which means either you're going to have to try to make it on razor thin profits on each unit sold or you're going to have to sell your wares for more than a larger competitor has to. The only other option is to sell a product that can't easily be found in larger retailers but that means your customer base may be extremely limited.

when it comes to providing services to consumers, you have more competition and some of that comp will definitely cut corners in order to cut costs (i.e. nail salons that use cheap, often times harmful chemicals).
Were you going to name it Jammin' Jeromes?

Back