Welcome To aBlackWeb

Apple's Genius Bar Caught Ripping off Customers

But they do so its... say it with me... smart business.
They winning because people will most likely either pay their ridiculous prices or just buy a new apple product. Until they start to see a trend of people unwilling to do that and start going back to android and/or PC products I don't see why they would or should stop doing what they are doing.

It's not smart because it's unsustainable. They're saying their stock collapsed because their consumers wanted to have their batteries changed instead of just tossing their old phones and buying new ones.

Think about that for a moment.

Now think about what happens when this spreads to other non-serviceable Apple products like their laptops, iMacs, etc. If replacing a battery caused them to lose $70B, think of what they stand to lose if it happens to the rest of their line.

My iPod classic was acting up it kept skipping pausing songs. I went to the so called genius bar they wiped it and said they performed the relevant test and it's highly damaged I have to exchange it for a iPod touch and pay an extra 60. I said no I will sort something out. On my way home I got new headphones and the issue was resolved. They're frauds

Last edited:
Might have to get a job at apple. Sounds fun af. All treachery over there.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/01/22/macbook-pro-flexgate/

"'Flexgate': 2016 and Newer MacBook Pro Users Report Display Issues Due to Fragile Flex Cables

An increasing number of users have experienced backlight issues on 2016 and newer MacBook Pro models, particularly those with the Touch Bar, often resulting in a so-called "stage light effect" along the bottom of the display.

According to the repair website iFixit, which highlighted the issue today, the underlying cause is Apple's use of thin, fragile flex cables that connect the display with the display controller board on 2016 and newer MacBook Pro models, as opposed to the more durable wire cables used in previous generations.

iFixit's Taylor Dixon explains:
When it first debuted, the design seemed fine. But as always, the devil is in the details. Apple opted for thin, fragile flex cables as opposed to the beefier wire cables used in previous designs that could be routed through the hinge instead of wrapped around it, helping mitigate the stress of repeated openings and closings.

In a nutshell, the normal, repeated opening and closing of the display lid can result in the thin flex cables becoming fragile and breaking over time. And since the issue takes time to manifest, the affected MacBook Pro models are often outside of Apple's one-year warranty period when they start exhibiting symptoms. "

And if you think Apple didn't know this before they shipped these laptops with them, you're sorely mistaken. Part of every laptop's QA testing before the design is finalized it repeated opening and closing to check for wear and tear. I can guarantee you this issue popped up and Apple saw dollar signs for repairs.

Back