Welcome To aBlackWeb

Apple's Genius Bar Caught Ripping off Customers

Propaganda. Not saying this doesn't happen a lot, but this happens at all kinds of repair shops

Another assassination attempt on apple's image and we know damn well the fans of their stuff will keep using it, so what's the point?

Propaganda. Not saying this doesn't happen a lot, but this happens at all kinds of repair shops

Another assassination attempt on apple's image and we know damn well the fans of their stuff will keep using it, so what's the point?

It's not propaganda. It's what Apple does on a regular basis to make money. They're a complete ecosystem unto themselves and they don't want anyone other than Apple to get every dollar they can out of you.

They've been caught slowing down their phones intentionally right before the release of a new one.
They charge incredibly over inflated prices for their products, particularly their desktops and laptops.
They will refuse to repair your shit if they find out you're using a "non-approved" accessory for any of their products, meaning they didn't get any of the licensing money for that accessory so "fuck you".
Apple lobbies hard against and attempt to enact a "right to repair" legislation not just in this country, but anywhere their products are sold.
Apple actually installed a chip (the T2) that would brick a Mac if repairs are done by anyone outside of Apples "repair ecosystem".
And now this: grossly overcharging for unnecessary repairs to make a buck.

This little expose is hardly the first time this has been reported either. Complaints have been building for years about this kind of shit. Their "forced obsolescence" model is the reason I got rid of all of my Macs years ago, and when they bought Emagic and discontinued Logic Audio for Windows I really stopped fucking with them.

I don’t agree....I went to the shit to get my IPhone fixed in September....they said it d cost a few hundreds ....he ended up doing it for the free

I spent 4 hours in the Apple store a few months ago getting my battery replaced. 1 hour for the actual repair, the first 3 hours was basically them trying to talk me out of it.

It only cost $30 due to a discount they were offering. I repeatedly told them “I don’t care what else you do but I still want a new battery.” They made me sit there and run a back up, did a factory restore, then tried to tell me “well it might have been a software issue so try it for a few days and see if the battery life improves.”

Nigga NO. This the last time I’m ever setting foot in here so replace my damn battery.

All companies do this to some extent. Especially with tech. Apple just the only one with big ass store fronts.

All companies do this to some extent. Especially with tech. Apple just the only one with big ass store fronts.

Dell, HP/Compaq, Gateway, Lenovo/IBM, Asus, and most other companies publish service manuals for their products, including their enterprise servers as a free download. Unless you pay money to Apple to get your business established as an authroized repair center for their products, you ain't getting a service manual.
Buying parts from the manufacturers to do the repairs is legit easy as fuck and hassle free.

The only company that I can think of that does shady ass shit is HP for their printers. The lengths they go through to force you to buy only HP ink carts is ridiculous 'cause their shit is horribly overpriced. Oh, and Dell started using power supplies with non-standard connectors on some of their desktops, something they did almost 20 years ago but stopped doing for years. But even with that, there's ways around it and Dell won't penalize you if you try to get warranty service for a machine that you swapped a PSU on.

Aside from that? Nah. Apple is pretty much alone in this shit.

Last edited:
Fuck Apple as a staff, record label and as a motherfucking crew

tenor.gif

Dell, HP/Compaq, Gateway, Lenovo/IBM, Asus, and most other companies publish service manuals for their products, including their enterprise servers as a free download. Unless you pay money to Apple to get your business established as an authroized repair center for their products, you ain't getting a service manual.
Buying parts from the manufacturers to do the repairs is legit easy as fuck and hassle free.

The only company that I can think of that does shady ass shit is HP for their printers. The lengths they go through to force you to buy only HP ink carts is ridiculous 'cause their shit is horribly overpriced. Oh, and Dell started using power supplies with non-standard connectors on some of their desktops, something they did almost 20 years ago but stopped doing for years. But even with that, there's ways around it and Dell won't penalize you if you try to get warranty service for a machine that you swapped a PSU on.

Aside from that? Nah. Apple is pretty much alone in this shit.

I'll say again... apple is the only one with big ass store fronts... Of course they gonna try to siphon that shit and force you to come to them for repairs. A kin to a car manufacturer. Repairing in house/ at manufacturer always costs more than your own mechanic.

They practicing smart business. Shitty but smart. That's why I keep a android. Lol.

Tim Cook just had a shareholder meeting where he basically admitted to trying to corner if not flat-out end the apple product repair industry because it cuts into their bottom line which is selling people slight iterations of the same products year after year.

Shit - just last year Apple got busted inserting code into their updates to make older hardware run slower to encourage people to buy new versions.

I'm not sure why Apple is getting so much defense here on this - it's a huge part of their business strategy and people should be pissed off not defensive.

It's a smart business strategy. That's why I don't own any apple products besides these airpods I got for Christmas.

Tim Cook just had a shareholder meeting where he basically admitted to trying to corner if not flat-out end the apple product repair industry because it cuts into their bottom line which is selling people slight iterations of the same products year after year.

Shit - just last year Apple got busted inserting code into their updates to make older hardware run slower to encourage people to buy new versions.

I'm not sure why Apple is getting so much defense here on this - it's a huge part of their business strategy and people should be pissed off not defensive.

Apple is like the R Kelly of the Tech world. Yeah they made some memorable shit, classics (iPod, iMac, iBook, MBP, iPhone 4/6/X), and the like, but the way they move outside of their product offerings is detestable if not downright criminal.

But, hey... iNiggas had IG first and listen to their music with Airpods so... you know.. fuck it.

Apple is like the R Kelly of the Tech world. Yeah they made some memorable shit, classics (iPod, iMac, iBook, MBP, iPhone 4/6/X), and the like, but the way they move outside of their product offerings is detestable if not downright criminal.

But, hey... iNiggas had IG first and listen to their music with Airpods so... you know.. fuck it.

Do you need apple products? Why cry about it when you could just not buy the shit?

Do you need apple products? Why cry about it when you could just not buy the shit?

I don't buy their shit. I let go of my Macs when Apple bought Emagic and fucked over all the PC owners of Logic Audio, and then when they forced people to buy completely new machines just to run newer versions of OSX for no real reason.

Tim Cook really just blamed Apple's stock tanking on the people buying their shit:

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...-iphones-because-they-repaired-their-old-ones

"Wednesday, Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote a letter to investors alerting them that the company would miss its revenue targets in part because Apple didn’t sell as many iPhones as it expected. The lengthy letter cites, specifically, that people are buying fewer iPhones because they are repairing their old ones.

Apple has long fought efforts that would make iPhones easier to repair: It has lobbied against right to repair efforts in several states, doesn’t sell iPhone replacement parts, sued an independent repair professional in Norway, worked with Amazon to get iPhone and MacBook refurbishers kicked off Amazon Marketplace, and has deals with electronics recyclers that require them to shred iPhones and MacBooks (as opposed to allowing them to be refurbished.) The Department of Homeland Security, meanwhile, has seized iPhone replacement parts from prominent right to repair activists in the United States.

At the announcement event for the iPhone XS, Apple said that keeping your old iPhone “is the best thing for the planet,” but the fact remains that selling new iPhones is best for Apple’s bottom line. That’s why many people suspected that “throttle gate,” in which Apple was caught slowing down iPhones with old batteries, was a ploy to sell more iPhones (the phones were slowing down to prevent them from shutting off, but Apple never disclosed this to the user.) Though there’s no evidence that Apple has a business model based on planned obsolescence, the company attempted to downplaythe fact that it was slowing down people’s old phones without telling them, which had the side effect of helping the company to sell more phones.

After widespread public outrage, Apple eventually offered to replace people’s old iPhone batteries for $29, which would end throttling and make older phones run faster. That program ended on December 31.
"

It's a smart business strategy. That's why I don't own any apple products besides these airpods I got for Christmas.

Price gouging your customers isn't really a smart business strategy - it's about as basic as it gets.

Most companies just can't do it an get away with it because they don't have such rabid devotees.

But they do so its... say it with me... smart business.
They winning because people will most likely either pay their ridiculous prices or just buy a new apple product. Until they start to see a trend of people unwilling to do that and start going back to android and/or PC products I don't see why they would or should stop doing what they are doing.

I guess we're just defining "smart" differently. I don't define "smart" as the most basic and rudimentary approach to squeezing money out of your customers that you can get away with. Also, it's not sustainable.

Back