Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anyone But You

Anything But Perfect

PRAISE: I admire the movie for trying to be as cute,fun and unique as it could possibly be with a been there done that plot. The story about an amazing and extremely charming first date,between Bea and Ben which goes left suddenly but then the two find themselves together at a destination wedding trying to make their ex's jealous has its charming moments and great chemistry between the two leads Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell. Their banter and quick put downs of each was on point in several scenes. The raunchy visuals and fun moments are good . It was cool to see Rachel Griffiths and Byran Brown in a comedy. The out takes were fun.

PROBLEMS: There needed to be more raunch or just let it be a straight up romantic comedy. It felt like the movie kept pulling back on both. GaTa is painfully unfunny in every scene he is in except for one with Byran Brown Some scenes were either painfully dull or just felt like filler. I wish the movie had leaned in more about the backgrounds of Bea and Ben. A couple of things are just touched on and I think it would have added to the romantic connection between the characters.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6

It hit on the humor. I had tears in a few scenes because I was laughing so much. It also dragged a lot though

As the movie went on I kept thinking damn this family is rich

She did get naked but it was one of those camera angle things that you didn't see nipple

Back