Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anybody here ever mess with chicken gizzards?

That shit is basically chicken chitlin. You niggas aren't living in the third world. There's no reason to eat that shit.

Nigga said he trying to up his culinary repertoire. Like nigga it's a whole right there. You worried about cooking the nasty shit in it's guts.

Fucking disgust.

It's not basically chitlins. At no point does shit travel through it. That's a major difference.

Nowhere brother. He said he doesn't eat like a slave, but it's a lot of "slave" dishes that are consumed daily.

It's a difference between "slave" food and food that slaves ate. They not always one in the same. Gizzards, chitlin and shit like that were throwaways from the chicken and pork being cooked by/for the slave masters.

Greens, sweet potatoes, chicken, cornmeal are things that everyone consumed.

It's a difference between "slave" food and food that slaves ate. They not always one in the same. Gizzards, chitlin and shit like that were throwaways from the chicken being cooked.

Greens, sweet potatoes, chicken, cornmeal are things that everyone consumed.
I don't feel like debating.

Anyway, my folks eat em, but I don't mess wit it. I don't like the texture or the consistency.

What's the texture and consistency like? Can you compare it to anything? Also is it chicken-flavored like a thigh or does it taste like some whole other shit?

What's the texture and consistency like? Can you compare it to anything? Also is it chicken-flavored like a thigh or does it taste like some whole other shit?
I'd compare it to a fried, funny shaped, chicken nugget rubberband.
I can't explain the taste. It's like...well like beef liver almost.

Back