Welcome To aBlackWeb

Anthony Mackie Planning Film Studio in New Orleans East

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
NEW ORLEANS — The daily paper reports that actor and frequent onscreen superhero Anthony Mackie has purchased a 20-acre site in New Orleans East that he plans to turn into a movie studio. The New Orleans native, and former student at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, hasn’t commented publicly on the plan, but the paper cites sources close to deal in its report. The property, which was purchased from car dealer Matt Bowers, is located near the Little Woods neighborhood on the Interstate 10 Service Road at Read Boulevard.

Mackie started his film career 20 years ago and has recently turned his attention toward producing. He created a new production company called East Studios LLC for this new project. The timing is good, as there are roughly 20 movies and television shows in production in the state, according to Louisiana Economic Development. New streaming services have increased demand for new content, as did the production backup caused by the pandemic slowdown.

Economic boosters hope the project is an additional sign of life for the New Orleans East economy — along with redevelopment plans at the former Six Flags site — and it becomes the first “end-to-end” studio in Louisiana, responsible for a filmed media project from beginning to finished product

Creating potential opportunities for black folk. Y’all still hate him? Lol
Shit Niggas totally missed Kanye’s future month shit cuz he bought a house across from Kim to see his kids since she acting funny.

niggas rather hate you over small shit then show love over life changing shit

Tf you talking about?
:smh:

So far, it’s just an idea.
But at least it’s an idea that’s being talked about. First steps of execution.
I rather see this and give this shine.
fuck this Kim shit. Shits a distraction and has a discrediting impact.
So like I said before…. I’m not siding against this man.

I have more faith in Mackie doing for the community than Tyler Perry. Mackie has a whole persona of wanting to give back to his city so I believe he would actually do it. Tyler on the other hand built his studio and ain't nothing came of it.

When I say ain't nothing came of it, I mean as for others hoping to get into hollywood beyond grunt work. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but last I was checking on Tyler, he fired a bunch of writers cause he would rather do it himself. It feels like he made his studio for the purpose of doing his own thing more than supporting others trying to come up.

Now if thats changed, I'll redact my statement but I'll be more impressed by any of them when they teach folks how to hunt versus throwing them scraps.

Back