Welcome To aBlackWeb

Another Far-Right extremist kills a couple of people in a Tallahassee yoga studio.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...e-yoga-shooter-incel-far-right-misogyny-video

Tallahassee Yoga Shooter Was A Far-Right Misogynist Who Railed Against Women And Minorities Online

Scott Beierle shot two women at a Florida yoga studio on Friday night. He posted a series of videos and songs online and appeared to identify as an “involuntarily celibate." This is the second deadly attack by an “involuntarily celibate” in 2018.

The man who shot dead two women at a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday before killing himself was a far-right extremist and self-proclaimed misogynist who railed against women, black people, and immigrants in a series of online videos and songs.

Scott Beierle, 40, was named by Tallahassee Police as the gunman who opened fire inside the Hot Yoga Tallahassee studio, killing two and injuring four other women and a man.

Those killed were named as Dr. Nancy Van Vessem, 61, who worked at Florida State University's College of Medicine, and FSU student Maura Binkley, 21.

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

“There are whores in — not only every city, not only every town, but every village,” he said, referring to women in interracial relationships, who he said had betrayed “their blood.”

Officer Damon Miller of the Tallahassee Police Department said he could not tell BuzzFeed News whether women were specifically targeted in the attack or whether these online posts were the subject of detectives’ inquiries.

“Everything that he has a connection to we're investigating right now," Miller said.

Police said they were still investigating a motive, but noted Beierle had previously been investigated for harassing women.

In one video called “Plight of the Adolescent Male,” he named Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 14 and is often seen as a hero for so-called “incels,” or those who consider themselves “involuntarily celibate.”

“I’d like to send a message now to the adolescent males... that are in the position, the situation, the disposition of Elliot Rodger, of not getting any, no love, no nothing. This endless wasteland that breeds this longing and this frustration. That was me, certainly, as an adolescent,” he said.

This is the second deadly attack this year in which Rodger has been mentioned by the suspected assailant. A man who wrote anti-women references on his Facebook account allegedly killed 10 people in Toronto in April when he drove his van into a crowd. “The Incel Rebellion has already begun!” Alek Minassian wrote on Facebook prior to the attack in a post that also mentioned “the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!”

Another of Beierle’s 2014 videos was titled “The Rebirth of my Misogynism,” and featured him listing the names of women — from eighth grade until his time in the Army — who he said caused his “rebirth.” (A Pentagon spokesperson told BuzzFeed News Beierle served from 2008-2010).

In the video he said women were capable of “treachery” and “lying.” He spoke aggressively about women giving him their phone number even when they had a boyfriend and how angry it made him. He also mentioned a girl who cancelled dates on him. “I could have ripped her head off,” he said.

Unlike the YouTube videos, his songs on Soundcloud were all uploaded in the last few months. Shortly before Friday’s shooting, Beierle uploaded one song called “Fuck ’Em All,” with the lyrics: “To hell with the boss that won’t get off my back / To hell with the girl I can’t get in the sack.”

Another song, called “Nobody’s Type,” featured him lamenting that women didn’t find him attractive. “I’m no athletic shark. I’m not a physical specimen. I don’t win the trophies and medals. Nobody stands in awe of me,” he sang.

In “American Wigger,” he sang that he would “blow off” the head of a women he referred to using the c-word. The song “Locked in my Basement” featured an extremely disturbing tale of Beierle holding a woman prisoner in his basement using chains so he could rape her.

Representatives for YouTube and Soundcloud didn't immediately respond to requests for comment.

Beierle’s political affiliations were not immediately clear, but he was highly critical of the Obama administration in his 2014 videos. In one video, he said that he resented having to subsidize as a taxpayer “the casual sex lives of slutty girls” through the Affordable Care Act’s contraception provisions. In the same video he also criticized “the invasion of Central American children” in the US that year and said the migrants seeking asylum should be deported on barges.

The Tallahassee shooting comes after a spate of deadly violence from the far-right in the past two weeks. On Oct. 27, a far-right extremist shouting anti-Semitic phrases opened fire in a Pittsburgh synagogue, killing 11. That came just three days after a man shot dead two black people in Louisville, Kentucky, in an attack authorities have described as a hate crime.

In a punk song he made called “Don’t Shame,” Beierle sang of walking into a girl’s locker room and going on “ass-grabbing rampage of underage girls.” (The Tallahassee Democrat newspaper reported he had been arrested in 2012 and 2016 for grabbing women’s buttocks without their consent. Prosecutors eventually dropped charges in both cases.)

“I have no shame, but this is to blame. I would do anything. I just don’t care. I have no fear of any consequences,” he sang.

“I am pro-death. The more that die the merrier,” the song continued.

181103-tallahassee-gunnman-arrests-groping-cheat_gkyma4

Right wing extremists are becoming more emboldened...

It was over some domestic dispute shit w his wife or gf I guess they’re saying...

These idiots need to just turn the gun on themselves from the beginning. Dumb ass should have joined the yoga studio and hollered at them broads. This is why prostitution should be legal. He was a racist too though so fuck him. One of them Mexicans he hate probably would have broke his dumb ass off with some pussy and he would be speaking Spanish right now talking about he love tacos.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/man-fought-back-during-yoga-studio-shooting-with-a-broom

Man Fought Back During Yoga Studio Shooting With A Broom

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A yoga student is being lauded as a hero for wrestling with a gunman who entered a yoga studio in Florida and began firing.

Joshua Quick spoke to ABC’s Good Morning America on Sunday and said he grabbed Scott Paul Beierle’s gun after it jammed, and hit him. Tallahassee Police have identified Beierle as the man who posed as a customer to get into the studio Hot Yoga Tallahassee during a Friday night class and started shooting, killing two and wounding six. Police say Beierle, 40, then turned the gun on himself but authorities have offered no motive in the attack.

Quick said Beierle was able to grab the gun back and then pistol-whip him.

“I jumped up as quickly as I could,” said Quick, who had visible facial injuries. “I ran back over and the next thing I know I’m grabbing a broom, the only thing I can, and I hit him again.”

It gave some in the studio time to flee.

“Thanks to him I was able to rush out the door,” Daniela Garcia Albalat told Good Morning America. She was in the class and thought she was going to die. “He saved my life.”

Two women — a 61-year-old faculty member at Florida State University, and a 21-year-old FSU student — were fatally shot.

Dr. Nancy Van Vessem was an internist who also served as chief medical director for Capital Health Plan, the area’s leading health maintenance organization. She was also a faculty member at Florida State and a mother.

Maura Binkley, who grew up in Atlanta and was a double major in English and German, was set to graduate in May.

Beierle was described as a brooding military veteran and former teacher, who appeared to have made videos detailing his hatred of everything from the Affordable Care Act to girls who’d allegedly mistreated him in middle school. The videos were posted four years ago, and were removed from YouTube after the shooting.

Numerous disturbing details about him have emerged. He’d once been banned from FSU’s campus and had been arrested twice for grabbing women even though charges were ultimately dropped.

Beierle, who had moved to the central Florida town of Deltona after getting a graduate degree from FSU, appeared to post a series of videos on YouTube in 2014 where he called women “whores” if they dated black men, said many black women were “disgusting” and described himself as a misogynist.

A Tallahassee police spokesman would not confirm or deny the videos were Beierle’s. However, the man speaking in the videos looks like Beierle and biographical details mentioned in the videos match known facts about Beierle, including details of his military service. The poster’s YouTube username included the word “Scott,” Beierle’s first name. The existence of the videos was first reported by BuzzFeed.

A woman who filed a police report against Beierle told The AP she’s never forgotten how “creepy” he was.

Courtnee Connon was 18 in 2012 when, she said, Scott Paul Beierle grabbed her buttocks at a Florida State dining hall. She declined to press charges, however.

She learned of Beierle’s involvement Friday when a local reporter found her name in a police report and called her.

“I was totally just shocked,” she said. “Since then, I’ve been feeling a little guilt. If I’d pressed charges, would that have stopped him from doing this? How was he not monitored somehow?”

Four years after that, Beierle was arrested for misdemeanor battery after a young woman said he approached her at the swimming pool of a Tallahassee apartment complex, complemented her rear end and offered to rub sunscreen on it, records show. The woman said she declined the offer and, according to an affidavit, Beierle then slapped her on the buttocks and grabbed her.

The top prosecutor for the office that handled Beierle’s 2016 charge, William N. “Willie” Meggs, has no personal recollection of that case. However, since the 2012 battery charges were dropped, Meggs said, it would have been routine for Beierle to receive a deferred prosecution deal.

“It would not have been atypical as a first-time offender for him to get diversion,” said Meggs, since retired as state attorney for Florida’s Second Judicial Circuit. “We should have called the victim to make sure she was OK with him getting diversion.”

It’s not clear from the court file whether that occurred, and the woman didn’t respond to emails seeking comment. The AP doesn’t publicly identify sexual assault victims unless they choose to speak.

Court records indicate prosecutors agreed to dismiss the battery charge after Beierle completed a six-month diversion agreement requiring him to stay out of trouble, not drink alcohol to excess and to follow a psychologist’s recommendations.

Meanwhile, yoga teachers in the Florida capital and the country at large were horrified such a violent act could unfold in a place intended for tranquility and nonviolence.

Some teachers wondered what they would tell their students.

“As an instructor when you start every class, you ask students to close their eyes to relax, because you’re in such a safe space,” said Amanda Morrison, a Tallahassee instructor.

The safety of her students is on her mind as she prepares to teach a class Monday.

“I’m already thinking about locking the doors once class starts,” she said.

Back