Welcome To aBlackWeb

This didn't even look good to me from the previews, I can wait until it come on HBO or Showtime to give it a watch

This didn't even look good to me from the previews, I can wait until it come on HBO or Showtime to give it a watch

I wish i had known before going but i think this is going to Netflix next week in Australia & UK.

So it should be on firestick by nxt week in HD

It's good but the trailers don't do it justice. It's something you gotta think about after.

"the shimmer" represents depression/mental illness and the women characters are basically mainifestations of how a person responds to it.

I didn't know how I felt about it the first time...I couldn't make sense of the last 15-20 mins. But once I read that and got that perspective, I ended up seeing it again and was way better to me the second time around.

Last edited:
LOL

Yea i "understood it" but not until after i read reviews by people who have actually read the books.

I feel like if u need someone to explain what the movie was about than they didnt get the point across the screen well enough.

LOL

Yea i "understood it" but not until after i read reviews by people who have actually read the books.

I feel like if u need someone to explain what the movie was about than they didnt get the point across the screen well enough.
I thought it did, I just took it too literally the first time around. Went into it with a geometry mind when the movie was more like trigonometry....the details pretty much jumped off the screen on second viewing.

I thought the shimmer was cancer at first so I wasn't too far off the first time tho

Maybe you should watch it again and see how you like it lol

I have some questions about this movie that need answered by u Gabi

I will drop them a lil later. Im runnin out the door right now.

SPOILERS!!!!

What was up w/ the video of them cutting guys stomach open and the then we see the mans body splattered against the wall of the swim pool?

Why did they tape it and leave it for future expeditions? What happen to him to make him stick to the wall?

Why did Natalie Portman leave the shimmer w/ a new tattoo?

If the shimmer died is the fake husband still fake? Why did they both have alien eyes at the end?

I get that they said all DNA gets mixed together in the shimmer.

So maybe the tattoo was someone elses that got transplanted onto Portman? But then again a tattoo is nothing to do w/ DNA.

Were they able to know eachothers secrets inside the shimmer? Gina found out about her husband easy and the older lady seemed to hint that she knew Natalie was cheating.

I get that they said all DNA gets mixed together in the shimmer.

So maybe the tattoo was someone elses that got transplanted onto Portman? But then again a tattoo is nothing to do w/ DNA.

Were they able to know eachothers secrets inside the shimmer? Gina found out about her husband easy and the older lady seemed to hint that she knew Natalie was cheating.
Ok so since the shimmer is depression everyone who goes in comes out changed either mentally, physically or both. The guy with the eel stomach was a physical change and there was a part where Gina's fingerprints were moving...and when Natalie looked at her blood under the microscope, it was multiplying. It was fucking em up physically. So the guy that got stuck on the wall was like the disease spreading and it was getting to the rest of the rest of the crew. It was on the lighthouse too cuz the husband had been there.

I didn't think of the tattoo but I'd guess it's another way to show the physical effects cuz the husband had the same tat.

The ending was the representation of how Natalie and the husband "beat" the disease. He came back but he wasn't fine....he was literally dead inside (the real him that got blown up) and just a shell of himself. Natalie came back a lil more equipped to deal with the depression as it's an ongoing battle often for the rest of someone's life. So when they hugged and she had the alien eyes, it could be a reminder that she's always gonna have to live with it even tho she made it out better than most.

Ok so since the shimmer is depression everyone who goes in comes out changed either mentally, physically or both. The guy with the eel stomach was a physical change and there was a part where Gina's fingerprints were moving...and when Natalie looked at her blood under the microscope, it was multiplying. It was fucking em up physically. So the guy that got stuck on the wall was like the disease spreading and it was getting to the rest of the rest of the crew. It was on the lighthouse too cuz the husband had been there.

I didn't think of the tattoo but I'd guess it's another way to show the physical effects cuz the husband had the same tat.

The ending was the representation of how Natalie and the husband "beat" the disease. He came back but he wasn't fine....he was literally dead inside (the real him that got blown up) and just a shell of himself. Natalie came back a lil more equipped to deal with the depression as it's an ongoing battle often for the rest of someone's life. So when they hugged and she had the alien eyes, it could be a reminder that she's always gonna have to live with it even tho she made it out better than most.
giphy.gif

Interesting

Maybe i will give it another shot when it hits firestick.

Yea def watch it again. All the lil clues came together the second time. I was iffy on the movie at first...like I gave it like 6/10, but now it's at like an 8 or 9.

Back