Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Andre 3000 Responds To Lil Wayne's 'Rapping Over 40' Comments

test
…if that’s the way 3 Stacks views shit then that’s fine. Frankly I’ve given up on him having a proper solo album when he was still in his 30’s. Rather he stays away then tries to force some shit and get exposed.

This has always been a weird take IMO because why?? I don't understand why people think an artist some how loses his/her creative juice at a particular age or no longer has anything relevant to say...

Imo rapping is a young man's game. A lot of my favorite rappers have had trouble elevating their subject matter and aesthetic in their older years and the shtick gets dated. There was once a time where I only wanted to hear cocaine raps but that's not where I am today.

Also anyone can have something relevant to say my issue is with the constant pursuit of relevance and stature at a certain age in any arena or industry. I think there's a line where you age out for everything.

3k problem has nothing to do with age, he's using that as a front cuz it's always the conscious earthy types that don't wanna rap for whatever reason.. look at Lauryn Hill. Look at Jay Elec. Mos Def

Imo rapping is a young man's game. A lot of my favorite rappers have had trouble elevating their subject matter and aesthetic in their older years and the shtick gets dated. There was once a time where I only wanted to hear cocaine raps but that's not where I am today.

Also anyone can have something relevant to say my issue is with the constant pursuit of relevance and stature at a certain age in any arena or industry. I think there's a line where you age out for everything.
How you no signing what's true to me lol. Get out my reactions and use your big words @illestni99ainne

As a fan I just want him to do one more, same with Mos and Jay. Even if it's a solo or with Big Boi. Just to put a period on the end of his career. Then move on, but I guess the Idlewild soundtrack is it and that sucks. But if the game ain't in him no more why force it?

Only in rap music/Hip-hop are artistes criticised or shamed for making music at middle age ... Every other genre you can start making music from youth till old age and it's fine

If your favourite artistes have problems elevating their musical content and subject matter as they age then that indicates poor artistic talent on their side ... In my opinion

I know you're a big Drake stan ... He's clocking 40 and his subject matter or what he sings/raps about hasn't switched up in over a decade at least to me

Will you cancel him if he continues to make music after 40 years of age?

You may age out of certain topic matters but aging out of expressing them through rapping...the act of putting rhyming words together? There's no age limit for being a writer

Back