Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ancestry.com attempts to rewrite history on slavery

Listened to a podcast on Science Vs about genealogy tests(the other day) and how accurate they are etc, theyre not and should not be taken as such.

My fam got me a 23 and Me kit a couple years ago... still haven’t opened that shit. I’d love to know more about my roots as far as my family that’s here in America... but I never bought that they can trace your bloodline all the way to Africa. Knew it was some funny shit going on with these dna companies.

Basically because as they explained it's not like they have a database of the world's DNA. No their database consists of people who have already sent in their DNA, so this one lady was told she only had 2% Indonesian... because the test pool had 24 people which is puny.

So yeah after hearing that podcast I was like yeeep, just a Gov site to get your DNA. Look how psycho the guy on ancestory looks, those eyes are freaky af

View attachment 127237
They're collecting DNA starting a database and looking for certain traits in the DNA from people is what my conspiracy theorist brain is telling me.

My fam got me a 23 and Me kit a couple years ago... still haven’t opened that shit. I’d love to know more about my roots as far as my family that’s here in America... but I never bought that they can trace your bloodline all the way to Africa. Knew it was some funny shit going on with these dna companies.

It's not fraudulent. There just isn't as much certainty to it as the marketing suggests. You look at their commercials and believe you'll trace your lineage back to some significant figures. That's not really the case. They basically just look at your genes, find places where similar proportions of your genetic markers can be found. If you just want a rough idea of where your people came from in Africa, I think those tests are good enough for that, although Africanancestry is probably better since they specialize in and have the largest African genetic database.

i was totally upfront with everyone when i opened it up xmas morning. they know im not into willingly giving up dna/fingerprints
Having her information on there doesn't mean your out of it tho.
Anyway.
Wtf is up with the zombie urkel avatar for years and years?

Because.........they're not giving a fuck about where you're from they're creating a DNA database that stupid people are paying for companies to own your DNA.

I wonder tho with paternity dna tests are they able to tell what ethnicity somebody is or is it just guessing?

Back