Welcome To aBlackWeb

AMC - Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches

Duwop

Savage Garden ⬛
Mod Squad
1710636974193.jpeg

They ain't waiting at all, they not wasting no time. January AMC right back at it with the lives of the Mayfair witches.

This is all a part of building an immortal universe.

It's kinda like an anne rice MCU forreal...

There was 3 books. The "4th" book where they combined with the vampires wasn't until the 10th book in that series. So I don't think these shows will cross over any time soon. Also the "witching hour" was easily one of longest books I've ever read. They could split that into 3 seasons but itself. I largely forgot most of that book. I only read it once. Still excited

does this tie into Lestat/Interview in any way or does this just happen to be something that Anne Rice wrote with no connection to the other?

They were separate for years...

Witching Hour
Lasher
Taltos

Were the only witch books

But in like the 10th book in the vampire chronicles Blackwood farm, they introduce a few of the witches into the vampire chronicles. And the next book Blood Canticle was a complete cross over book.

Blackwood farm was dope.. Blood Canticle not so much. They had this nigga Lestat stopping helicopters from taking off and blowing them up mid air....shit was wild.

But if done correctly they shouldn't run into each other... Maybe a cameo every now n then. But even in the books the crossovers felt forced...and turned a lot of fans off. Both these shows should rock individually

There is a tease with Louis and a witch he fell in love with named Merrick Mayfair in the 7th book in the chronicles.

But Merrick was a black woman. And the black Mayfairs had nothing to do with the Mayfairs from the main witch books.

naturally i'm optimistic....but i forgot most the shit about these books...

but i do remember them being fun as hell....

the premise is that her family for 13 generations has been "haunted" by a particularly strong spirit, who is responsible for a shit load things that have happened around their family with his own sinister purpose.

the Talamasca is a order of watchers that have detailed files on everything in the world paranormal

(i think they would have been great for their own show)

they have been following this family particularly close, because thy believe know the sinister purpose of the entity

not gonna spill much more....

but this
The Talamasca is the main link between the vampires and witches because they have detailed files on both

they know all about Lestat, Louis, Claudia...all of them. but they're far too dangerous to approach

Episode 1 is up on the app,

Watching now

I only read this book once 20 years ago...I remember little

This one gonna be much slower. And confusing....
cuz it's not even clarifying that the scenes with diedre are flash backs

Edit
it comes together at the end.

I think it might be good... But then I'm biased. Not as strong of a start as interview. But compelling enough to hold my attention. I'm sure novel fans already hate it 🤕

It didn't capture me like the first episode of Interview with the Vampire but I knew about that and know nothing about this
It was a little confusing until the end. Although I'm still confused on who her father is. Is it the shapeshifting guy? Almost made it seem like the guy in the mask who slept with her was family

The previews of the season are what makes me want to watch. Not a strong first episode

I think the baby father was just someone the uncle put a spell on to get his niece pregnant, them they killed him

I dont know much about this but I'll give it a shot since its tied to interview and that whole universe.

I was confused on who was who at first as well but it came together in the end of the episode. Will give it a few more episodes before I decide if ima stick with it or not

If anybody wants to talk about this tonight after it shows on TV, no spoilers necessary. It's prolly less than 5 of us who gonna actually watch and talk about it

Back