Welcome To aBlackWeb

This trailer has all the trademark Michael bayisms. Gratuitous explosions, rotating camera shots, slow motion shots, product placement, the American flag actors frantically delivering their lines like they did a few lines of coke in their trailer before the camera rolls...... Nope ilk pass this will be like watching a transformers movie with invisible robots. I'm allergic to Michael Bay.

When Gofundme isn't considered

PRAISE: Director Michael Bay stacks the decks with his usual craziness in this movie about a vet needing money to cover his wife's medical bills, he teams up with his adoptive brother to steal $32 million from a Los Angeles bank. However, when their getaway goes spectacularly wrong
I actually enjoyed how ridiculous this movie becomes at times.
I did enjoy Jake Gyllenhaals manic performance. I wonder if he watched a couple of Nicolas Cage performances before taking on this role.
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II was basically the straight man to his craziness but at times he joins him on his off kilter and manic path
Eiza González does ok as an EMT worker.
Some of the rapid fire banter was funny.
There are several good action sequences.
I did like how the movie pokes fun at itself several times.

PROBLEMS: A major flaw in the movie is the incompetence of the cops and thieves. Part of the plot is a big time head scratcher. Why one character with a beyond sinister record was walking around scott free was beyond me.The movie definitely forgets what it's foundation is for awhile but has a couple of brief laughable moments that say : hey here's a little reminder of what started part of this mayhem. The aforementioned laughable moments are coupled with how weak it comes off.
The endless car chase could have been stopped several times. This goes back to the incompetence of the cops and eventually the FBI. The ending was so drawn out.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

going to see this in a few hours I hope it's good
I fucked with the movie it was good real good tbh. It was the typical Michael Bay movie lots guns, car wrecks, and explosions. I didn't like th ending I thought of.about 5 better ways to end the movie but besides that it was good

Back