Welcome To aBlackWeb

Am I The Only One Who Hates This Sh*t?

My home boy be wearing this shit that say

"Never sold dope"

I just shake my head at that shit...

So a nigga deserve to die if he sold dope?

Motherfuckers so worried about reinforcing negative stereotypes they inadvertantly box themselves in a paradoxical corner. This whole we gotta be well behaved negros to be prosperous is counterproductive to any kind of revolution...

How you gonna have time to be angry if you spending so much energy on proving you so well behaved?
Where you get the deserve to die from?

Where you get the deserve to die from?
I interpret it as

"Because I never sold dope I don't deserve the negative treatment towards blacks"

Which to me sounds like you're good with it happening to those who have. And when the topic of discussion is blacks literally being unjustly killed, that shirt looks like a cosign...

That's just me though ...I over think shit and see the bad in a whole lot

I interpret it as

"Because I never sold dope I don't deserve the negative treatment towards blacks"

Which to me sounds like you're good with it happening to those who have. And when the topic of discussion is blacks literally being unjustly killed, that shirt looks like a cosign...

That's just me though ...I over think shit and see the bad in a whole lot
My initial thought was, don’t assume I sold/sell dope because I am black. Almost like a Black person wearing a “Black and Educated” shirt. It’s cause people assume Black people stupid. I get your side too tho.

But If its outta sight its outta mind and if its outta mind nobody is giving attention to what is going on. I feel like white people need to have this in their face. Like they're blind to its reality. Billboard doesnt have the same effect, seeing a black person wearing a shirt hoping they dont get shot is a heart wrenching reality that white people need to confront. Imo, my bad if I swerved outta me lane.

Du and Kandy stumbled on an interesting convo. I always interpret them shits more like Du, also. Usually, when you make a proclamation about yourself, unprompted, without any ever asking or that subject comes up, it seems like you are mentioning it because you think that thing makes you exceptional or better than other people.

Like a nigga with a 'Never Sold Dope' shirt. Like...good for you?

Who is that message for?

If it's for black people, we already know that not every black person sells dope. So it seems condescending.

If it's for white people, it seems like you are playing the 'Look, I'm one of the good ones!'.

Obviously not everyone feels the same. Kandy for example. Interesting difference of opinion though.

My initial thought was, don’t assume I sold/sell dope because I am black. Almost like a Black person wearing a “Black and Educated” shirt. It’s cause people assume Black people stupid. I get your side too tho.
Yeah, but dope dealers can be smart.

dope dealers can get an education.

It's niggaz who got master's and deep into their career but might've sold dope at 16 got arrested once and never touched the shit again...

He can't wear that shirt in good faith. But a nigga who committed every crime but selling dope can ....

Just leaves too much to interpretation

If it's for black people, we already know that not every black person sells dope. So it seems condescending.

If it's for white people, it seems like you are playing the 'Look, I'm one of the good ones!'.
This too

Du and Kandy stumbled on an interesting convo. I always interpret them shits more like Du, also. Usually, when you make a proclamation about yourself, unprompted, without any ever asking or that subject comes up, it seems like you are mentioning it because you think that thing makes you exceptional or better than other people.

Who is that message for?

Obviously not everyone feels the same. Kandy for example. Interesting difference of opinion though.
I kind of side with kandy. It is like those shirts "I am not a rapper". Lot of outsiders, hell, even insiders think rich blacks either play sports or rap. Outsiders can be people not from your area or your circle. So it is more like a "joke" shirt.

Who is that message for?

Do you think that about the Black and educated type of shirts?

Yeah, but dope dealers can be smart.

dope dealers can get an education.

It's niggaz who got master's and deep into their career but might've sold dope at 16 got arrested once and never touched the shit again...

He can't wear that shirt in good faith. But a nigga who committed every crime but selling dope can ....

Just leaves too much to interpretation
I don’t disagree with you but that’s why I’m saying I don’t automatically think because he wearing that shirt he saying he shouldn’t be treated like other black men who may not be educated. I see those shirts as a statement to other races who group a nigga selling dope as someone who isn’t educated. Neither should be treated harshly but I see it as “yes because I’m black don’t mean I sell dope.” It’s all perspective tho.

Back