Welcome To aBlackWeb

Am I the a$$hole: wife with secret bank account

I think it's OK to have a separate account but the reason she gave would have me leave her. Because she is not 100 on the relationship and preparing for the what ifs.

We also have to understand the financial situation which leaves open questions.

Saving money is cool. The reasoning is foul.

Also adding.......She's a problem. She wants to be able to spend his whole saving hers....

He needs to leave.

I never play with my money

No relationship is guaranteed. I think it’s smart of her to have a back up plan. I bet a lot of women wish they did. Maybe she should’ve communicated it with him and it might not have been an issue. I think he should start putting money in his account and if they can afford the 40% taken away. Go for it.

I think it's OK to have a separate account but the reason she gave would have me leave her. Because she is not 100 on the relationship and preparing for the what ifs.

We also have to understand the financial situation which leaves open questions.

Saving money is cool. The reasoning is foul.

Also adding.......She's a problem. She wants to be able to spend his whole saving hers....

He needs to leave.

I never play with my money
Her not wanting to be left on her ass in case something happens with him isn’t a dumb reason. What she supposed to do start from scratch?

I also don’t think she mooching off him because she said he could do the same. She only got made when he said 40% so he can catch up.

I just don't understand why it wasn't established from jump

Why did it have to take an audit of their finances for him to realize what was happening?

Imagine how many people, both men and women are in situations where they put all their trust into the other mate that handles the finances

Her not wanting to be left on her ass in case something happens with him isn’t a dumb reason. What she supposed to do start from scratch?
She should tell him from the get go..She would like her own "spending" money.

If she worried about being on her ass...She needs to save and not spend his money or be mad and he's saving too.

I love this

No relationship is guaranteed. I think it’s smart of her to have a back up plan. I bet a lot of women wish they did. Maybe she should’ve communicated it with him and it might not have been an issue. I think he should start putting money in his account and if they can afford the 40% taken away. Go for it.
But if she has a job....Why would she be left on her ass?

That's assuming he has it all..Which is another convo.

Cuz why let a man control all the finances but still be worried he will leave you with nothing?

That's crazy from the start

She should tell him from the get go..She would like her own "spending" money.

If she worried about being on her ass...She needs to save and not spend his money or be mad and he's saving too.

I love this
We agree that she should’ve said something. We also agree that she shouldn’t be mad he wants to take 40% out to catch up on what she’s been doing.

But if she has a job....Why would she be left on her ass?

That's assuming he has it all..Which is another convo.

Cuz why let a man control all the finances but still be worried he will leave you with nothing?

That's crazy from the start
But does it not happen?

All in all. I’m on her side about saving. I think she should’ve told him about it. And all that other stuff I said up there.

I’m too tired to give this convo my all.

either he not telling the full story or she not being upfront for a reason. either way, I can't condone lying in a marriage. if you feel the need to keep shit like that secret then whats the point of even getting married?

I'm in a similar boat but the difference is, I was the one that told the wife to get her own savings. Our agreement is so long as she not putting more into her personal than she places in the family acc, we good.

Same ole same ole with the twitter responses
Most women understand why she did it and blah blah.... stuff from the past, she's vulnerable, et cetera

If the shoe is on the other foot tho then it's wrong.

Financial issues fuck up relationships just as much as infidelity. She started cheating as soon as she opened that account!

Back