Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ali Says Nelly Was a Rolling 60 Crip, Breaks Down Old Beef with Ludacris

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
St. Lunatics members Nelly and Ali have been engaged in a back and forth about the group's history since Ali accused the star member of abandoning the group for his own gain. In an attempt to further explain his side of the story, Ali spoke with Atlanta's B High about his role in the St. Lunatics.

Ali reacted to Nelly's response to his initial Instagram post by admitting that 90 percent of what Nelly said was true. He continued by detailing his time in college and rap influences that made him leave gang life behind and start a rap group in his hometown.

Ali explained that he instructed his partner to find him some young talent. Once a group of young rappers was brought to him, he laid down the rules of the group and required each member to give up their gang affiliations.

"A whole bunch of kids come to the house," Ali started eight minutes into the interview. "I start talking 'bout, 'We putting a group together. No cussing. We ain't 'gon dog women out. We ain't talking no gangs.' I left [the] Bloods...I put my flag down first in order for them to put theirs down. Nelly Rolling 60 Crip...[Murphy Lee] and them Crip. Everybody was gangbanging so for me to talk to some Crips and ask them to put they s*** down, I gotta put mine down first."

Ali added that after he told the group of rappers the rules, many of them left while the remaining artists would form the St. Lunatics. Throughout the interview, he discussed the history of the St. Lunatics and where his relationship with Nelly started to sour. He also explained the beef between Nelly and Ludacris after saying the group never liked the Atlanta rapper and explained the reason at the 1:04:30 mark.

"When [Ludacris] signed Chingy, that became a beef," Ali explained. "Then he did the 'Stand Up,' had the big a** Air Force One. It was a little beef ya'll don't know about. It was a beef that we had."

Ali continued by claiming Nelly was nervous to battle Ludacris in their Verzuz and said the St. Lunatic member "wasn't trying to win, he was trying not to lose." To hear more, check out the full interview above.

Nigga played himself trying to be a rapper, he should've been handling the business behind the scenes. Can't depend on Nelly, you had opportunities to run a label and collect checks.
He was actually pretty good. Everyone collectively agreed that Nelly was gonna be the one to push to the forefront of that group. It just didn't register to Ali that he would be the Spliff Star of St. Louis til 20 years later when someone showed him how Instagram works.

I did notice that once Murphy Lee dropped his album to some decent success, it seemed like Nelly stopped pushing the Lunatics.

I also remember Murphy Lee and another rapper, I think possibly Ali himself, made an album as a duo a bit after the St. Lunatics album. Had that song Boughetto that was all over MTV. Wondered why Nelly never pushed the others after that Air Force 1's and Murphy Lee solo.

Now clearin em out meant casualties
Still had the L.A. mentality
Bust a cap, and out of there in a hurry
Wouldn't you know, a drive-by in Missouri
Them fools got popped
Took their corner next day, set up shop
And it's better than slangin in the Valley
Triple the profit makin more than I did in Cali
Breakin off rocks like Barney Rubble
Cause them mark-ass niggas don't want trouble
And we ain't on edge when we do work
Police don't recognize the khakis and the sweatshirts
Getting bitches and they can't stand a
Nineteen-ninety-one Tony Montana
Now the shit's like a war
Of gang violence, where it was never seen before

Punks run when the gat bust
Four Jheri curl niggas kickin up dust

And some of them are even lookin up to us
Wearing our colors and talkin that gang fuss
Giving up much love
Dyin for a street, that they never heard of

But other motherfuckers want to stand strong
So you know the phrase, once again it's on

Ice Cube

St. Lunatics members Nelly and Ali have been engaged in a back and forth about the group's history since Ali accused the star member of abandoning the group for his own gain. In an attempt to further explain his side of the story, Ali spoke with Atlanta's B High about his role in the St. Lunatics.

Ali reacted to Nelly's response to his initial Instagram post by admitting that 90 percent of what Nelly said was true. He continued by detailing his time in college and rap influences that made him leave gang life behind and start a rap group in his hometown.

Ali explained that he instructed his partner to find him some young talent. Once a group of young rappers was brought to him, he laid down the rules of the group and required each member to give up their gang affiliations.

"A whole bunch of kids come to the house," Ali started eight minutes into the interview. "I start talking 'bout, 'We putting a group together. No cussing. We ain't 'gon dog women out. We ain't talking no gangs.' I left [the] Bloods...I put my flag down first in order for them to put theirs down. Nelly Rolling 60 Crip...[Murphy Lee] and them Crip. Everybody was gangbanging so for me to talk to some Crips and ask them to put they s*** down, I gotta put mine down first."

Ali added that after he told the group of rappers the rules, many of them left while the remaining artists would form the St. Lunatics. Throughout the interview, he discussed the history of the St. Lunatics and where his relationship with Nelly started to sour. He also explained the beef between Nelly and Ludacris after saying the group never liked the Atlanta rapper and explained the reason at the 1:04:30 mark.

"When [Ludacris] signed Chingy, that became a beef," Ali explained. "Then he did the 'Stand Up,' had the big a** Air Force One. It was a little beef ya'll don't know about. It was a beef that we had."

Ali continued by claiming Nelly was nervous to battle Ludacris in their Verzuz and said the St. Lunatic member "wasn't trying to win, he was trying not to lose." To hear more, check out the full interview above.

I ain’t watch yet but Ali must’ve been only one beefing with Luda cuz I don’t remember any dissing between crews Ali said that Luda stole the chicken from
Midwest swang like wtf

I did notice that once Murphy Lee dropped his album to some decent success, it seemed like Nelly stopped pushing the Lunatics.

I also remember Murphy Lee and another rapper, I think possibly Ali himself, made an album as a duo a bit after the St. Lunatics album. Had that song Boughetto that was all over MTV. Wondered why Nelly never pushed the others after that Air Force 1's and Murphy Lee solo.
It was Ali and Big Gipp that made the duo album. Nelly did help Murphy Lee on his first album but since Murphy wasn't signed to Dirty ENT on Murphy's second album the label never reached out to Nelly for help and neither did Murphy Lee

Wack

People know him because of Nelly.

If you don’t carve your own lane and fan base you gon be forgotten regardless of who help you

Wack

People know him because of Nelly.

If you don’t carve your own lane and fan base you gon be forgotten regardless of who help you

facts waka flocka a good example built his own shit didn't depended on gucci

Back