Welcome To aBlackWeb

AirBnB to allow employees to work remotely from anywhere they like

Inori

NAWF

This is dope. I hope more companies start to do things like this.

If they do I wonder if this will trigger a migration away from high priced places like NY and Cali for places with a substantially lower costs of living

If they do I wonder if this will trigger a migration away from high priced places like NY and Cali for places with a substantially lower costs of living
Ppl moved away from ny during the pandemic and companies got mad and said they need to move back or they fired.
My fiancé job is pretty much work from anywhere but my job on their we need in person interactions bs

Shit will just get expensive everywhere else bro. Here in AZ rent, housing and cost of living sky rocketed from Cali and Chi people moving here amongst others. These greedy bastards will never just keep prices low. It's one reason I am about to start investing in apartments and shopping centers. I want my cut ...shiiiid

Being able to work in like 170 countries for 90 days at a time is dope too. Can travel the world while working. Wild

my cousin works for coca-cola as a sales rep or sumn where she has to go to the factories

& she's traveled around the globe to many countries for "work" lol

UPS is doing this.

So companies located in certain cities would hire employees from all over?

How will that help the local folks/economy?

I’m pretty sure sure it’s ways but I would love to here them

So companies located in certain cities would hire employees from all over?

How will that help the local folks/economy?

I’m pretty sure sure it’s ways but I would love to here them
No it just means you can work for a company and spend up to 90 days (+) moving around.

But let's say it worked in the way companies were recruiting globally. It means *local folks* will have a global market of jobs available to them. More options and a strong chance of better working condition

No it just means you can work for a company and spend up to 90 days (+) moving around.

But let's say it worked in the way companies were recruiting globally. It means *local folks* will have a global market of jobs available to them. More options and a strong chance of better working condition

I see more of the bad for certain areas.

But understood

Ppl moved away from ny during the pandemic and companies got mad and said they need to move back or they fired.
My fiancé job is pretty much work from anywhere but my job on their we need in person interactions bs

My previous job is like that.

We've worked a full year plus from home. During and after the pandemic. Then October of last year...dumb azzz management wanted folks to come in 2 days out the week to work at the office.

Bruh...WE WERE THE ONLY MUTHAFUCCAS IN THE DAMN BUILDING! Everyone in other departments was working from home. But that azzz backwards management team wanted us to return for in-person "interaction" purposes. That was bs.

The REAL reason why they wanted us there...to pad the numbers for stats. Us being there made no difference whatsoever. I'm glad they got bought out. Stupid azzz management.

As soon as I walked in, and saw we were the only ones in the building...my reaction....
this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Last edited:
Shit will just get expensive everywhere else bro. Here in AZ rent, housing and cost of living sky rocketed from Cali and Chi people moving here amongst others. These greedy bastards will never just keep prices low. It's one reason I am about to start investing in apartments and shopping centers. I want my cut ...shiiiid
What part of AZ you in?

Phoenix is my top destination but damn this was discouraging to read

What part of AZ you in?

Phoenix is my top destination but damn this was discouraging to read
Kinda related, but I was looking at Sedona and Flagstaff for possible relocation places (weather is great). Hopped on zillow to see what the real estate was looking like. Saw a 1 bed 1 bath house for 400k. I was like ok cool. Then saw that same house was 200k in 2019.

Even tho that's definitely "affordable" to me being in Cali...the fact that houses have gone up 100% in 2 yrs with the population being relatively the same is insane.

Back