Welcome To aBlackWeb

Advice wanted: Here's the situation...

Was the kid black?

Yeah. That was the other part of why this was a really hard decision; shit can always go far left when the cops are involved and the kid is Black. But... I had to rationalize it that if it's caught at this point, maybe he doesn't go any further and stops with the dumb shit.

I think I posted up last summer about debating on calling the cops on another teenage kid walking around with a gun on him flashing it and whatnot. I didn't call then 'cause "Black kid with a gun" was probably going to lead to a fucked up incident with slow singing, and flower bringing once the cops got involved.

What you expect me to do??? Run after him??? Nigga I'm fat, I would have keeled over after 25 steps trying to catch a 14 year old.
Nah.

Nobody expects you to run after him and no one expects you to call the police on him.

Nothing happened.

He didn’t steal anything.

What are you gonna tell the cops?

KONCEPTJONES: “I saw a kid snooping around my front porch”

COPS: 1721528430648.gif

The old military IT guy in me just sees this as an exercise in exploiting our vulnerabilities.

And this shit highlighted a ton of them.

The old military IT guy in me just sees this as an exercise in exploiting our vulnerabilities.

And this shit highlighted a ton of them.

The irony in it was that one of the packages that got delivered contained another camera I bought to help keep an eye on my front porch. I have another one I need to set up that will keep up on the stairs leading off of the porch and my shed next to the crib and if it works out I'm prolly gonna cop 2-3 more.

The irony in it was that one of the packages that got delivered contained another camera I bought to help keep an eye on my front porch. I have another one I need to set up that will keep up on the stairs leading off of the porch and my shed next to the crib and if it works out I'm prolly gonna cop 2-3 more.
Let it go unless u catch them in the act

Lately my dog and alerm been going crazy at the door I check the camera it’s ppl having photoshoots in front of my shit

Yesterday I’m watching the camera and watching this lady having a bday photoshoot for her dog in front of my crib

I ain’t even know how to react lol

I often wonder what people feel like the role of the police should be in society.
I think this was rhetorical but I've got a buzz so I'm answering lol

Civil servants. Protect the people and work for them. Uphold the law while keeping the safety of the people as priority 1

So I thought I was in the internet outage thread…

My apologies…

I need to chill with the drinking

So, I'm sittin here a lil while ago fuckin around on the computer procrastinating about mowing this lawn and shit when I see some lil teenage dude walking up the front of my crib. Now, the front of the spot has a wheelchair ramp on it, and he's walking up it and I can see him through all the front windows and he's looking in the crib. Dude get to the windows to the living room where I'm at, looks dead at me, lets out an "oh shit!" and runs off. I get up and go out the door only to see that he was down the block and Amazon had delivered my Prime Day order. A quick check of the door camera and less than 2 minutes before dude came up the ramp, Amazon had dropped off the packages. Unless I know you, or you're some kinda delivery person, there's no good reason to even be on that ramp or the front porch.

My assumption: He thought he was finna hit a lick, got busted and ran off. Lil nigga can't be more than 14. I got video footage of him and stills clearly showing his face. One part of me wants to kinda let it go: I caught his ass, he knows he's been seen, and the likelihood of him trying this shit again at my crib is low as hell. The other part of me wants to either jump in the ride and find him and let his parents know what he did (with video evidence) or take it to the front office (they seem to know all the kids around here and who their parents are), show 'em the video, and let them handle it how they want. The petty part of me wants to put the video up on Ring Neighborhood on some "Attempted package theft" shits and leave it like that.

What would y'all do?

oh yeah, the crazy shit is what was delivered was another camera that I'm putting up to help watch the front of the porch.

Just leave it alone. We all did stupid shit when we were kids.

Id just like to point out that this nigga @konceptjones asked for advice and did pretty much the exact opposite of what most folks suggested lol

You know what? I was gonna let it go. I even left the crib to go to Walmart and came back. Started cooking dinner, sippin on a brew and all that 'cause I was gonna let it go.

Then I looked at these two cameras that I bought because niggas wanna bring their bullshit out here and shoot up the block and niggas wanna rush gates and shit (there was a home invasion a few blocks from me back around the end of May), and it pissed me off. I gotta spend money 'cause niggas don't know how to act, even in a nice, quiet, rural ass community 25 miles or so from Detroit. The fuckin audacity that this lil muhfucka had to walk all the way up the front of my crib in an attempt to steal shit from me, and it ain't like he knew what was in the boxes at all, he was finna do the shit just because...

... Fuck it, I made the call.

Id just like to point out that this nigga @konceptjones asked for advice and did pretty much the exact opposite of what most folks suggested lol
Him asking for advice doesn't mean he's gonna take it

I learned this the hard way which is why I don't commune with niggas

If he wanted to steal it he wouldn’t have checked through your window, his morals was kicking in before he could justify it.

If someone’s gunna steal something that’s the priority, not checking if the house is vacant.

Kid was second guessing himself and wanted a reason to back out. Let him be.

Back