Welcome To aBlackWeb

Adele been making the same song over and over since 2008

DMX made one of the most accurate observations I ever heard in my life when he said all of Drake's music sounds like a dryer. Now the difference is that his music sounds like a dryer with a glass jar full of codeine in it. I say let Adele fans eat.
and dmx didnt make the same song over and over as well?

I get why you'd think that, but let's be honest, R&B particularly bad when it comes to that. Rap is actually pretty good. Most good rappers will touch on a dozen or more different topics throughout their careers and approach some of the same topics in different ways. R&B artists tend to talk about love and sex, and that's about it. Some standouts will make songs with social commentary or something else outside of the box, but its rarer.

Facts. It used to be different in the 60-70’s when there was more originality and diversity in soul music but the shit turned recyclable afterwards.

Hip Hop helped bring a breathe of fresh air to R&B and broke down some restrictions but now R&B is just dead and non existent thanks to mumble rappers who use auto tune to sing

I still think there hasn’t been a breakout R&B album that changed music since 2004 Usher’s Confessions

Aye, as long as it slaps and is better than 25. This is also something that is perpetuated by curators as well. I submitted Expensive Tastes to a spotify playlist and they told me my tone was too aggressive and that they're looking for more mainstream sounding music.

So I know the blogs, playlists, and labels are looking for specific sounds and that's what these artists have the formula to do.

and dmx didnt make the same song over and over as well?
When he worked with Swizz's 2MB hard drive Casio keyboard havin ass, yeah. But Slippin isn't Party Up isn't What These Bitches Want isn't Get At Me Dog... and those are the hits. Everyone got their little go to spin move to get to the basket... Drake has been LeBron status with Patrick Ewing knees since '09.

Aye, as long as it slaps and is better than 25. This is also something that is perpetuated by curators as well. I submitted Expensive Tastes to a spotify playlist and they told me my tone was too aggressive and that they're looking for more mainstream sounding music.

So I know the blogs, playlists, and labels are looking for specific sounds and that's what these artists have the formula to do.
Drop the links.

Here you go

FIRE. This is what pisses me off about "tastemakers"... they don't know what ppl want til they tell them, so what use are they other than to fill time slots with music they never listened to without a corporate dick in their ass? At least you on Spotify now.

FIRE. This is what pisses me off about "tastemakers"... they don't know what ppl want til they tell them, so what use are they other than to fill time slots with music they never listened to without a corporate dick in their ass? At least you on Spotify now.
Thank you. thank you. I mean I'm on a couple playlists now, but once I got like two of those that said the same thing, I decided to just go ahead and get in contact with some tiktokers and Instagrammers to do some videos with my music. So I mean it was a learning experience

Back