Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW PRESENTS: Beyonce vs Janet Jackson

Based on this thread

• Total voters

I believe they all charted, either as members of J5 or solo acts.

I'm not here sayin' Janet had everything handed to her but we don't need to pretend bein' the youngest daughter of the world famous Jackson family didn't give her a huge advantage

FicklePalatableAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

I believe they all charted, either as members of J5 or solo acts.

I'm not here sayin' Janet had everything handed to her but we don't need to pretend bein' the youngest daughter of the world famous Jackson family didn't give her a huge advantage

And folks said being a Jackson got her foot in the door, like all the others when they did solos.

But she isn't one of the best selling female artist ever just because of her last name. If that was the case all the other solo career's would've been much better than they were.

I'll take Janet. She became MEGA without the help of social media. If they had social media back when the Rhythm Nation Tour was poppin.. OH BOY!! Yes, Beyonce is a better singer but so what. It really comes down to your age tho. Older people will prolly choose janet and younger people will prolly choose Beyonce. No wrong answer really imo.
She was the sister to the biggest artists ever. She couldn't lose.

Bey had no affliation.

She was the sister to the biggest artists ever. She couldn't lose.

Bey had no affliation.

Janets first two albums underperformed...that Jackson last name didnt save her

If she woulda stayed with her daddy (who put the J5 together)...then we wouldnt know who Janet is...

Like I said

Flyte Tyme had a WHOLE lot more to do with her success than being a Jackson

Back