Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Home Improvement (DIY, Hacks, etc...) Thread

Puting my backsplash on in my kitchen Sat. Going to paint my cabinets next then bring in the stainless steel appliances. After that I'm done everything in the house.

Going to repaint the shutters and outside molding on the exterior of the house.

20190805_195803.jpg

Here's the backsplash I'm using. It's a combo of stone and glass.

New carpet upstairs.......1400
New paint for the interior.........975
Countertops.........1875(had a hook up would've cost 2200)
Finished off the rest of the hardwood.........375
New stainless steel appliances..........3800
Extending the patio with a fire pit........1500

not counting the appliances that's $6125

not bad

My Throttle actuator got stuck omw to work, bitch started shaking and just shut down.

Had to swap the whole throttle body out

tmp-cam-9003508626563896430.jpg tmp-cam-5168403914709507453.jpg

Minor work but I'm kinda geeked, I dont really do this shit

Been doing a lotta shit on my own lately

Dryer, fridge, oven, now this

Had to call the people for the septic tank, fuck that

@Cain u ever thought about putting wood tiles in the kitchen so your living room floors would flow right into the kitchen (& vice versa)??

I know it can/could be hard to find a spot on match, but u can get pretty close.
I actually thought about it but I wanted a tiled floor in the kitchen at the time. If I could do it over I wouldn't have chose that color hardwoods and went darker tbh. I'm actually going to paint my cabinets pretty soon as well.

I actually thought about it but I wanted a tiled floor in the kitchen at the time. If I could do it over I wouldn't have chose that color hardwoods and went darker tbh. I'm actually going to paint my cabinets pretty soon as well.

Gotcha!

Are you going darker or lighter on the cabinets?

And I'm tryna figure out what color hardwooods I'm gonna do in my next house (*if* I have to remodel). I LOVE the look of grey tiles, but we'll see.....

I like darker shade flooring b/c it gives the room(s) depth (with white or light colored walls), but my only gripe about it is that it shows dirt/dust easier. I think the darkest I could go is a Brazilian Cherry Wood. The chocolate (damn near black lol) colored woods are beautiful, but as I mentioned before, it seems like it shows everything!

I'm going to go with a darker color. I'm kinda stuck with only a few color choice due to the wood flooring being lighter. Have yet to pick a color though

I posted this last month and this nigga @Cain done stole my countertop and backsplash

23a08fee-fda1-44ea-9ccc-da1670c49a0e-jpeg.150629

New carpet upstairs.......1400
New paint for the interior.........975
Countertops.........1875(had a hook up would've cost 2200)
Finished off the rest of the hardwood.........375
New stainless steel appliances..........3800
Extending the patio with a fire pit........1500

not counting the appliances that's $6125

not bad

When I used to work at Home Depot I had good hustle in the paint department.

I used to "oops" paint and the price would drop all the way down and dude would slide me cash on the backend.

5 Gallon Buckets of Paint was going for 20 dollars that cost 115 and Ill get 50 for my part.

i fucking hate my HOA.

so my home failed the inspection this year....

reason..

i need to clean and repaint the fascia.

WTF is a FASCIA?

Back