Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY ABW Book Club - What Are You Reading?

Hey man, I read this a while back, sounds like it may be up your street... I learned alot from this, some religions that I didnt even know existed!!! What makes it so cool is the author actually goes to these remote villages in the Middle East... I will read it again actually, as Ive forgotten alot from it...

Amazon.fr - Heirs to Forgotten Kingdoms - Russell, Gerard - Livres

This shit here looks interesting. Does this shit touch on Sufism by any chance? Earlier influences on Islam in particular?

This shit here looks interesting. Does this shit touch on Sufism by any chance? Earlier influences on Islam in particular?

Kind of, I think it mentions Sufism as Yazidism feature heavily in the book, which if I remember correctly was founded by a Muslim Sufi... But I dont think it really covers Sufism, as I dont think its still practiced (i might be wrong) and this dude goes around to remote villages and mountains and meets with the people still practicing these forgotten religions...

I just had look as my memory is terrible and one of the founders of Yazidism was apparently a Muslim Sufi named Adi ibn Musafir, it talks about here which is good review of the book...

Kind of, I think it mentions Sufism as Yazidism feature heavily in the book, which if I remember correctly was founded by a Muslim Sufi... But I dont think it really covers Sufism, as I dont think its still practiced (i might be wrong) and this dude goes around to remote villages and mountains and meets with the people still practicing these forgotten religions...

I just had look as my memory is terrible and one of the founders of Yazidism was apparently a Muslim Sufi named Adi ibn Musafir, it talks about here which is good review of the book...

Ok oh shit I was just about to ask you about Zorastrianism too and I identify as Gnostic so I'm def familiar with Mandaenism which was later version based in Iraq. I might have to peep this as well.

Just started reading Walter Mosley "Trouble Is What I Do"

Man that shit is crazy good....

I love how he sets up tension.... The main character just told his son of he has to carry a gun somewhere... Just let him know, and his son took almost 2 mins to answer....

Like the visual in my mind was crazy....I imagine asking my son something I know sounds simple, but because of who he is and how he moves he has to actually think any and decide if my request is not only reasonable, but if he will do it....

And the way he worded it just put me at a stand still ... This just a page... But I swear you can feel the energy

Leonard is a private detective. Twill, his 18 year old son works for him. But only so Leonard can keep him close. Twill is too intelligent and too reckless to be left by himself for long. At this moment Leonard is talking to his son about opening fire in the middle of the street after an attempt hit on their new client. Carrying the gun was the right move, but he didn't know his son was that deep already.

15943096567523109512166832103243.jpg

man

only read bout 60pgs of this & scared the shit outta me, had to put it down lol

20200711_183420.jpg
20200711_183752.jpg

dude was a former MI6 intelligence officer, so basically CIA, & had access to top secret documents

didn't like what he saw & wrote about it, this was published in '92

but the craziest shit is it's in the CIA's library

like you can d/l the pdf from cia.gov right now lol

might try to finish it

Current lock down reading...

I finished reading David Googin's book, which really made me think that I need to start pushing myself more... Very motivational and mind blowing what he has achieved and continues to...

Currently reading 'Killers of the Flower Moon', which is crazy to say to the least...

Its a true story of the Native American Osage Tribe who were basically pushed onto what the Government thought was useless land in the early 1900's which turned out to be filled with oil, this ended up netting the member of the Osage community to become the richest people in America and worth a staggering $300mil!!! Im not very far into the book but members of the tribal community started mysteriously dying off and anyone that helped investigated the death/murders were murdered too...

In the end this lead to the creation of the FBI... Anyways, this is movie material and Im engrossed by it atm...

a7Su0k.jpg

I’ve heard about that movie and I know it’s going to be good but I’d be pissed the whole time

I’ve heard about that movie and I know it’s going to be good but I’d be pissed the whole time

Yeah pure fckery was handed out to the Osage people, I just hope the movie is done properly... I guess DiCaprio will play Tom White, the main guy hunting the the mysterious killer or killers of the Osage Tribe...

Can somebody recommend a good book about how Africans sailed to America way before Columbus? I’m seeing a few to choose from

Can somebody recommend a good book about how Africans sailed to America way before Columbus? I’m seeing a few to choose from

finished this bout a month ago, great read

it ain't solely bout the sailing but gives good detail, like how they didn't need sails on their boats/ships cuz the ocean currents would set them on a path directly to the Americas

49332674_10215412107034004_3224739786040279040_o.jpg

I'd highly recommend it, especially for ignant ass crackas who think Afrikans couldn't make that trek across the ocean lol

Misplaced white arrogance Be Like.

Man, I've heard it all thru the yrs

from civilization started in Rome to it takin Europeans thousands of yrs to build Amerikkka (tho it ain't even 300yrs old smh) & white people invented everything we use

this racist ass whitewashed society got sum w/ an ignorant superiority complex

Man, I've heard it all thru the yrs

from civilization started in Rome to it takin Europeans thousands of yrs to build Amerikkka (tho it ain't even 300yrs old smh) & white people invented everything we use

this racist ass whitewashed society got sum w/ an ignorant superiority complex

For real. ?

Much like a superiority/inferiority complex. Like once said the regrettably late evolutionary psychoanalyst Dr. Frances Cresses, they're overcompensating on something missing.

Back