Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Album Review Board (Drake - Scorpion)

Based off of drakes status you know he commands certain respect.

Wouldn't be surprised if illed out didn't listen to the album
Iā€™m cooling scrolling through and see you mention my name ?? WHY ??

scorpion sound like all the rest of the shallow shit drake make.. If it come on while Iā€™m in the club cool, but Iā€™d never listen to it on purpose..

Aight..

Scorpion- Drake

Following the paths of other notable artists historically, Drake checks off the ā€œdouble albumā€ marker. Heā€™s once again at the forefront of the industry. Dropping high charting singles & being involved in a highly controversial beef with Pusha T. Drama aside, Drake unleashes an album that keeps things at status quo. For better or worse. Side A honestly comes a bit closer to what I would expect a good Drake album could be with him as an MC. Dripping with charisma & some witty lines. Side B I feel takes things into the simping abyss weā€™re used to from him. For every hit he has (ā€œNice For Whatā€, ā€œ8 Out of 10ā€, ā€œCanā€™t Take a Jokeā€) the misses are glaring & lack of effort (ā€œTalk Upā€, Ratchet Happy Birthdayā€, ā€œThats How You Feelā€). At the end of the day this album was what I expected. Hot singles with a small bit of insight thanks to him being a new father, with a bulk of filler. Drakeā€™s in his lane & heā€™s still yet to crash. However the best of both sides turned to a single LP would of made even the staunchest critic like myself heap more praise.

Good drop. I'll cook up a review tonight.

You didn't even drop your Scorpion review but went on to change the title of the thread LOL.

lol i'm still working on it. I'm gonna delete the reviews yall dropped in here and put it in the article i'm working on for the official ABW review.

Back