Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Abby: My husband’s kids hate me and didn’t come to our wedding, yet he’s leaving them all his money.

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Dear ABW,

Hook her up with advice.

I recently married a man that I have been friends with for 41 years. My husband’s children hate me and refused to come to our wedding, yet he is leaving them all of his property. He is wealthier than me and before we got married he required me to sign a prenuptial agreement. I was fine with this as I thought it would make him and his adult children more comfortable. He is now 70 and I am 62.

He has a trust for his family that was already set up before I came into his life. I told him that I needed a place to live after he passes away. He proposed that he should purchase a term life-insurance policy that only lasts until he is 80 for $500,000. What if he dies at 81? I get nothing?

I proposed that we purchase a second home in San Diego. I would then have a home to live in when he passes away. I want this in my name so his children will not try to take it away from me when he passes. I asked him for a portion of the down payment. I would pay the mortgage. I would like to pass this house to my children when I die.

They are not speaking to him at all and have cut off all communication with him. He continues to reach out to them with my blessing. My hope is that things will work out with his children and we can all have a better relationship. They treated his girlfriend of 14 years before me the same way, so I don’t take it personally.

What do you think of his and my proposals? His term life-insurance policy idea seems like throwing away money if he passes away after he is 80. Doesn’t purchasing a home sound like a better way to ensure that I will not be homeless when he passes? It would also be a place we could enjoy together, and it would be an investment.

Laura

The shit she said bout them treating his gf of 14 years before her the same raises a question mark though.

The kids sound like they dont want her pops with any women cause the woman might take their money. Could be some selfish shit there.

Either way, i dont see anything wrong with dude leaving 80% of his money to his kids and 20% to his wife. Give or take some percentages.

Dude being married to this woman and leaving her nothing when he dies is kind of wild.

Last edited:
Dear ABW,

Hook her up with advice.

I recently married a man that I have been friends with for 41 years. My husband’s children hate me and refused to come to our wedding, yet he is leaving them all of his property. He is wealthier than me and before we got married he required me to sign a prenuptial agreement. I was fine with this as I thought it would make him and his adult children more comfortable. He is now 70 and I am 62.

He has a trust for his family that was already set up before I came into his life. I told him that I needed a place to live after he passes away. He proposed that he should purchase a term life-insurance policy that only lasts until he is 80 for $500,000. What if he dies at 81? I get nothing?

I proposed that we purchase a second home in San Diego. I would then have a home to live in when he passes away. I want this in my name so his children will not try to take it away from me when he passes. I asked him for a portion of the down payment. I would pay the mortgage. I would like to pass this house to my children when I die.

They are not speaking to him at all and have cut off all communication with him. He continues to reach out to them with my blessing. My hope is that things will work out with his children and we can all have a better relationship. They treated his girlfriend of 14 years before me the same way, so I don’t take it personally.

What do you think of his and my proposals? His term life-insurance policy idea seems like throwing away money if he passes away after he is 80. Doesn’t purchasing a home sound like a better way to ensure that I will not be homeless when he passes? It would also be a place we could enjoy together, and it would be an investment.

Laura

so why his kids hating and yea she should’ve covered more bases

I don't like this lady......He should not be the only one preparing for her when he dies. As a wife she can take out a policy on him. Her requests sound like gold digging.

I don't like she asked for a place to live if he does.
I don't like what she's saying about the insurance....Depending on the type of insurance....Take money out at 79 and a half.

LOL he's her retirement plan. Had that nigga on ice for 4 decades and now all of a sudden she wants to use him like social security? Man.... FUNK DAT!

Yeah, it doesn't seem like she prepared for her retirement at all.

What I don't understand is, she says she's worried about having a place to live if he dies.

So...........where was she living before she married him?

Swaggy P are you serious clip.gif

Back