Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Abby: I want to give my two kids $100K a year. Would it be wrong to leave my stepdaughter out?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Dear ABW , y'all know how we do. give this man advice.

I married a woman 30 years ago. She was a divorcée with a 6-year-old child. She divorced me about 10 years ago, after 20 years of marriage. I raised her daughter by providing clothing, food, shelter, braces and college, because her biological dad was a deadbeat loser, and still is.

I had two more children with my wife. Currently, I give all three children equal gifts of $10,000 per year. (I’m in the 1%.) I never really cared for my stepdaughter and, to this day, I find her personality abrasive.

But I remember very well when my father died: His will heavily favored my oldest sister. I came from a family of eight children, and our father’s last will and testament caused havoc and distrust among us siblings and broke some of us apart. I don’t think my father had any idea of the destruction that he would leave behind. I don’t want my two children fighting with their half-sister.

But I really have to work up my inner strength to gift her equally. I want to distribute $100,000 each per child every year. I can easily afford it, but I just don’t care for my stepdaughter. Half the time, I feel like she befriends me just so she can get a payout. I want to do the right thing, but it’s hard.

So I’m reaching out to you for advice and ideas.

Mr. Not-So-Perfect Parent

He should give her the money. He probably viewed her as a burden because wtf. You been in her life 20 years and never liked her and wtf you marry somebody and don’t like their kid. Wouldn’t even been no marriage.

Dear ABW , y'all know how we do. give this man advice.

I married a woman 30 years ago. She was a divorcée with a 6-year-old child. She divorced me about 10 years ago, after 20 years of marriage. I raised her daughter by providing clothing, food, shelter, braces and college, because her biological dad was a deadbeat loser, and still is.

I had two more children with my wife. Currently, I give all three children equal gifts of $10,000 per year. (I’m in the 1%.) I never really cared for my stepdaughter and, to this day, I find her personality abrasive.

But I remember very well when my father died: His will heavily favored my oldest sister. I came from a family of eight children, and our father’s last will and testament caused havoc and distrust among us siblings and broke some of us apart. I don’t think my father had any idea of the destruction that he would leave behind. I don’t want my two children fighting with their half-sister.

But I really have to work up my inner strength to gift her equally. I want to distribute $100,000 each per child every year. I can easily afford it, but I just don’t care for my stepdaughter. Half the time, I feel like she befriends me just so she can get a payout. I want to do the right thing, but it’s hard.

So I’m reaching out to you for advice and ideas.

Mr. Not-So-Perfect Parent

My nigga you be going DEEP on yahoo huh? Saw this shit on there like a week or two ago. Interesting scenario.

My nigga you be going DEEP on yahoo huh? Saw this shit on there like a week or two ago. Interesting scenario.
I'm behind on making threads...I got a window with about 60 tabs of shit that we can talk about. Even tho dudes will only really talk about 10 of them...Lol
Got some simple, some that will make @VIBE come in an attack me, and some that will have y'all thinking j took too many ambients again. Lol

On another note tho would y’all marry somebody or stay married to somebody if you didn’t like their kids?

Back