Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A short and simple story about men’s mental health

So how y’all feel about the rap music we listen to and how it affects our mental health?

So how y’all feel about the rap music we listen to and how it affects our mental health?
Toxic

especially with no guidance when it comes to the youth.

I listened to NLE Choppa new album and the whole shit is literally about murder save for 1 song he did with mulatto.

I know they say that its just “reporting the conditions of the hood”

but you gotta figure something aint right in the head of a teenage boy for him to be able to talk about murder with such conviction that it could compel or encourage someone else to do the same

Complicated topic. I think it depends on what sort of foundation you already have before the music becomes a big part of your life. Trap music has TAUGHT me a lot of shit, my nigga. Tons. But I took that shit and tossed the rest aside. Lots of niggas take the gun and drug bars and toss the other shit.

So I dunno.

Complicated topic. I think it depends on what sort of foundation you already have before the music becomes a big part of your life. Tap music has TAUGHT me a lot of shit, my nigga. Tons. But I took that shit and tossed the rest aside. Lots of niggas take the gun and drug bars and toss the other shit.

So I dunno.

Well that applied to everything.

I’m an advocate that rap should not be heard by kids but it’s basically marketed to them and whatever trend that’s popping is normally dictated by the youth and that same trend get all over to rap.

Folks like to act like rap ain’t influencing and compare it games and movies

Well that applied to everything.

I’m an advocate that rap should not be heard by kids but it’s basically marketed to them and whatever trend that’s popping is normally dictated by the youth and that same trend get all over to rap.

Folks like to act like rap ain’t influencing and compare it games and movies

To clarify, do you think rap is MORE influential than movies and games?

Also, I don't really know why rap shouldn't be heard by kids. Just like anything else, there is rap that is appropriate for children and there's rap that ain't. Same with movies. Games, etc etc.

To clarify, do you think rap is MORE influential than movies and games?

Also, I don't really know why rap shouldn't be heard by kids. Just like anything else, there is rap that is appropriate for children and there's rap that ain't. Same with movies. Games, etc etc.

It’s 100% more influential than movies and games.

Think of it like this.

A great speech can make a person that listening to it move mountains for that cause. Never hear of a movie or game doing that.

Something about the spoken word.

Hell, when you about to go work out your throw on some music that gets you pumped.

When you get in the mood with your girl your throw on some slow R&B

When you need that extra motivation you throw some music (or some influential speech)

A great speech, poem or rap lyric has great power.

It’s 100% more influential than movies and games.

Think of it like this.

A great speech can make a person that listening to it move mountains for that cause. Never hear of a movie or game doing that.

Something about the spoken word.

Hell, when you about to go work out your throw on some music that gets you pumped.

When you get in the mood with your girl your throw on some slow R&B

When you need that extra motivation you throw some music (or some influential speech)

A great speech, poem or rap lyric has great power.

Na I honestly think you’re bugging. Lol. And the speech example is a false equivalency. Only a portion of the reason speeches are so influential has to do with the audio. The visual is a BIG component. A speech and a recording of a speech are two different things.

King’s I have a dream speech is a good example. When you SEE him give the speech, it’s way more powerful than when you just listen to it.

I honestly think movies are more influential than movies. But that’s kinda just an offshoot of my point, so fuck debating it any longer.

Salute.

Na I honestly think you’re bugging. Lol. And the speech example is a false equivalency. Only a portion of the reason speeches are so influential has to do with the audio. The visual is a BIG component. A speech and a recording of a speech are two different things.

King’s I have a dream speech is a good example. When you SEE him give the speech, it’s way more powerful than when you just listen to it.

I honestly think movies are more influential than movies. But that’s kinda just an offshoot of my point, so fuck debating it any longer.

Salute.

I ain’t bugging.

but thanks for your input fam.

For me it's an escape. Music in general, but hip hop specifically. I'll just throw on some lyrical shit and get caught up in deciphering the rhymes. Every now and then I'll drop some old "gangsta" shit, mostly for the production but some of them cats can weave a story pretty well.

I don't take the shit to heart. I don't believe 99% of the shit these niggas say they did so going into it with that mindset changes the way it can affect you, if at all.

Rap is more influential than movies cah no one thinks Denzel or De Niro are gangsters. You suspend belief when you watch these guys but rappers portray themselves as real.
This is true

Now as a grown man I can tell who acting and who really about the shit they talk about

like I said..listening to that kid NLE Choppa

he really is off. Its just not normal for someone so young to talk about murder with such conviction

Back