Welcome To aBlackWeb

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator

Fresh off of The Photograph and the Sundance premiere of Bad Hair, Chanté Adams has been cast in one of the principal roles for Amazon's A League of Their Own pilot.

It is being described as a “fresh approach” to Penny Marshall's 1992 film. The pilot also stars the previously-announced Abbi Jacobson, D'Arcy Carden, Gbemisola Ikumelo, Kelly McCormack and Priscilla Delgado. Roberta Colindrez was also added as a series regular with Adams in the latest announcement.

The official description reads: The show will follow brand new characters who embody the spirit of a generation of incredible women who dared to play professional baseball. The show begins with the formation of the All American Girls Professional Baseball League in 1943 and follows our heroes as they fight to keep the League alive through close games, injuries, sexual awakenings and road trips across a rapidly changing United States.

Adams will play Max, "a pitcher with an arm that could make men weep. She is ready for the big leagues and now, she just needs to make her own path there."

The actress, most known for her role in Netflix's Roxanne Roxanne, has The Photograph in theaters this weekend and Justin Simien's Bad Hair set to bow on Hulu later this year.

1708586553981.png

1940s and everybody gay is an interesting choice lol

I’m only up to episode 4 but I’m thoroughly enjoying so far

I like it, but the gay thing is annoying me. I don't care about having gay players/characters, but damn. It's like every character they follow is gay except Clance. And even she asked Chapman to sleep with her, and they said she kept feeling her ass.

Every character's plotline/secret is that they're gay. If they're not a gay character i can't tell you much about them.

Yall dumb as hell. It was the 50s who else woulda been attracted to playing pro baseball but a bunch of dykes. What housewives was fina leave they husbands and families for that.

Anywho I finished the season. I liked it a lot. My corny ass was crying in the finale

Y’all miggas complain way too much. What y’all think lesbians did before the 70s like we know how sports was viewed fur women

Yall dumb as hell. It was the 50s who else woulda been attracted to playing pro baseball but a bunch of dykes. What housewives was fina leave they husbands and families for that.

Anywho I finished the season. I liked it a lot. My corny ass was crying in the finale

We're dumb as hell but you don't know what decade WW2 was in, haha.

The same straight women that play softball now would be interested in playing. And most of the women on the team aren't married, so they weren't leaving behind a husband/family. Some of the ones that are married have a husband off at war, so again not leaving him behind.

Every character they follow has the same main story... "I'm gay but can't tell people". That's Max, Carson, Greta, Jess, Mita, and Jo's story (so far, I'm still watching). And those are the only players they really follow. Kinda boring having every character have the same story. Be the same way if they were all hiding being illiterate or some shit.

We're dumb as hell but you don't know what decade WW2 was in, haha.

The same straight women that play softball now would be interested in playing. And most of the women on the team aren't married, so they weren't leaving behind a husband/family. Some of the ones that are married have a husband off at war, so again not leaving him behind.

Every character they follow has the same main story... "I'm gay but can't tell people". That's Max, Carson, Greta, Jess, Mita, and Jo's story (so far, I'm still watching). And those are the only players they really follow. Kinda boring having every character have the same story. Be the same way if they were all hiding being illiterate or some shit.

Lol against the grain often. And I think comparing straight women today to women in the 40s is way different. Look how we view most women in team sports today somebody being gay is almost expected. I think the show is just showing how many folks were in the closet for a very long time.

Y’all miggas complain way too much. What y’all think lesbians did before the 70s like we know how sports was viewed fur women

You're missing the point. IDGAF that there's lesbians on the team. What gets old is that's every character's story. Half the people on the show from what I've seen so far, if I ask you to tell me about them you can't say much except she plays baseball and she's a lesbian.

You're missing the point. IDGAF that there's lesbians on the team. What gets old is that's every character's story. Half the people on the show from what I've seen so far, if I ask you to tell me about them you can't say much except she plays baseball and she's a lesbian.

I mean that’s a realistic ratio

Back