Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A J Cole Apology Thread

I wonder if

Honestly, it's too late for most people to even catch on.

I already said this before, but jumping on the AI/IT/Cybersecurity bandwagon in 2024 is like learning about cryptocurrency in 2016.

In 2016, everyone already made their money from cryptocurrency and the only people that were seriously buying and pumping the shit in America was literally Black Americans.

AI, Machine Learning and etc was going on in the mid-2000s in nascent companies and research labs all across the world. If someone was seriously into computer science and not just trying to get a relatively easy six figures learning how to code, they would've been on it then.

By the time any "new" technology breaks out of research labs and into the hands of the masses it's too late.

All the people that can expertly work with AI and Machine Learning are 10 to 20 years in. The technicians and engineers that can do data engineering and piping are about 5 to 10 years in.

So basically, if you trying to jump in now, and you are not adjacent to the IT like as a project manager or director level, you aren't gonna make it. If you aren't adjacent to it as a mid-level software engineer to senior level software engineer, you are not gonna make it.

My suggestion for brothers always been get a skilled job that ain't going away. Plumber, barber, wielder, chef, tailor, mechanic, pilot or salesman.

Any "booming" tech job you hear about, you are always 10 to 15 years late. And all the learning you do just break in, you will find out how far you are from even being truly competent.

Take it from an old man.

This is cynical and inaccurate. No offense.

AI as we know it is very much ripe for learning and excelling in for anyone that is willing to commit themselves to really learning how it works and applying themselves towards being an expert in the field.

The problem is that AI has limited practical uses for most people and if you have no interest or talent in the underlying technology you're not going to get much out of it.

Basically... if you're looking for a quick and easy cash-grab... science is never going to be your way to do that.

Back