Welcome To aBlackWeb

A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges

MoeW

A day after celebrating his 25th birthday, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie was arrested in New Jersey.

A rep for the Bergen Country Prosecutor's Office confirmed to XXL on Tuesday (Dec. 8) that A Boogie was arrested on Monday (Dec. 7) on charges of unlawful possession of a handgun (2nd degree crime) and possession of marijuana (disorderly persons offense).

The Bronx rapper, born Artist DuBose, was taken into custody following an investigation conducted by detectives from the Bergen County Prosecutor's Office (BCPO), who obtained a warrant to search A Boogie's Dearest, N.J. home. BCPO detectives were accompanied by detectives from the New York Police Department and officers from the Dearest Police Department.

While doing a search of A Boogie's home, law enforcement seized four guns: "a Ruger .380 handgun, a Glock .40 caliber handgun, an H&K 9mm handgun and a Smith and Wesson 9mm handgun." They also discovered "hollow point bullets, various high capacity magazines" as well as "marijuana, hashish oil edibles and drug paraphernalia commonly associated with the distribution of controlled dangerous substances."

A Boogie's security guard, 33-year-old Quashaun Hagler, was also arrested. Hagler, who is a Georgia resident, appears to have been at A Boogie's home at the time of the search and arrest. Hagler was charged with three counts of unlawful possession of a handgun (a 2nd degree crime) and one count of possession of a large capacity magazine (a 4th degree crime).

The Bergenfield, N.J. home of the Highbridge the Label rapper's manager, Samblou Camara, was searched as well. At Camara's residence, police uncovered marijuana and hashish oil edibles. Camara was charged with possession of marijuana (a 4th degree crime).

All three men were arrested without incident. They were later released on their own recognizance pending their initial appearances in Central Judicial Processing Court. Their court dates haven't be revealed yet.

According to Teaneck, N.J.'s local Patch news outlet, the arrests took place following a shooting incident that transpired outside of RAIN event space in New Jersey. A Boogie had reportedly been celebrating his 25th birthday at the venue.

XXL has reached out to A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie's rep for a statement on this matter.

Read More: A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie Arrested on Gun and Drug Charges - XXL | https://www.xxlmag.com/a-boogie-wit...arges/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

In the November election New Jersey voters voted to make marijuana legal.

I don't think that marijuana charge will stick.

Also, in New Jersey, they don't use the word "felony" they use the word "crime" which is considered a serious offense, with misdemeanors and petty offenses being less serious).

So when it says

"A Boogie was arrested on Monday (Dec. 7) on charges of unlawful possession of a handgun (2nd degree crime) and possession of marijuana (disorderly persons offense)."

It means the handgun charge is a "felony" and the marijuana charge is a "petty offense", although like I said, the marijuana charge will likely get dropped.

On a side note, I'm from Massachusetts and they use the word "felony". When I moved to New Jersey the job applications would say, "Have you ever plead guilty to a crime?" And me, not knowing what the word "crime" meant I'd say "yes" because I didn't know that the word "crime" was interchangeable with the word "felony". I mean, I have some possession of marijuana charges and driving with a suspended license charges, but those are all petty offenses. But I didn't know the New Jersey criminal code.

All these niggas finna be locked up or dead by Christmas at this rate. Goddamn.

Ohhh his manager lives in Bergenfield and Boogie lives in Demarest they just keep spelling the town wrong

okay that makes sense now

But damn the hip hop police not playing

These rap niggas better move to the South where the gun laws are wayy different because if not any gun talk in those states is going to get you hemmed up

These rap niggas better move to the South where the gun laws are wayy different because if not any gun talk in those states is going to get you hemmed up
speaking of that.Niggas in the A who I know ain't got no license to carry and probably got felonies be loose having guns on them everywhere in their pocket or in their waist

You never know who got it on them in the ATL

Yeah but moving to the south makes it more likely that niggas blow you away since the laws are so loose

niggas don’t get killed in NJ or NY like that

but head on down to atlanta or Houston and...

This was on worldstar on the 7th
A Boogie & His Crew Allegedly Got Into A Fight... Then Shooting Went Down On His Birthday! (Footage Of A KO, Shots Fired & Aftermath)

"A boogie hit my 2020 GT 63 AMG Benz and then his crew got into a fight and a shooting took place"

They been up north for how many years and dont know how the cops up there move? smh Everyone should of expected the law to move in looking for something after that shooting.

Back