Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be nice to live in a place where you don't have to deal with the bullshit we deal with over here.

Strangely enough, my mom was actually born in South Africa.

Might be time to reconnect with some of my fam over there.

I just read an article about how a lot of African Americans that move to Africa wind up moving back. Their reasoning basically seems to boil down to it not being what they thought it was going to be.

Yeah, I've been hearing a lot about that too.

Just gotta do your research and find the right situation I suppose.

I think part of it is the tendency of Americans to think of Africa as one country. It's not. Countries in Africa are as different from countries on any other continent.

Then culture shock is probably also an issue. It sounds good to say that we're all black, so it's all good. That's not true. Various groups of black Africans don't even get along, so the idea that Black Americans will pop up and automatically fit in. It really depends on the person.

Last thing is some Black Americans are American to the core. Africa is not America. Those people just aren't meant to live in Africa.

Sources connected to Vanna tell TMZ, she received a "substantial pay increase" from the $3 million per year she was making for nearly 2 decades. She had not gotten a raise for 18 years.

As we reported, Vanna's pay paled by comparison to Pat Sajak, who is pulling in $15 mil per season.
some things importatnt things were left out

Vanna's lawyer, Bryan Freedman, was in what were told were "very difficult negotiations" with Sony. Freedman wanted Sony to cough up at least half of what Pat is making.

We're hearing Freedman is mulling over a possible gender discrimination lawsuit against Sony based on the disparity in pay. It's an interesting claim ... the show begins with the announcer saying, "Here are the stars of our show, Pat Sajak and Vanna White!" They come out arm-in-arm ... and at least visually there's no difference in status between the 2. In terms of pay, there is a huge difference.

Season 41 began filming last week ... it will be Pat's final season. Season 42 will have Ryan Seacrest at the reins.

Will Vanna sue Sony? Stay tuned.

Are we supposed to feel bad for her? She was making 3 mill a year to stand, smile and push a button on a screen to light up a letter. And they're really comparing her pay to the host of the entire show, like she was being underpaid because she was a woman.

The funniest part is they wanted her off that show and replaced decades ago, but Pat is her friend and said he wouldnt do the show without her. I'd say she was compensated fairly since they didnt even like her. Bigger question for me is how she let them not give her a raise for 2 decades when the host backs you.

I'm still waiting for when shes gunna get her old ass out the way and give someone else a shot. Shes almost 70 years old and now wants to host the whole show since Pat is leaving

some things importatnt things were left out

Are we supposed to feel bad for her? She was making 3 mill a year to stand, smile and push a button on a screen to light up a letter. And they're really comparing her pay to the host of the entire show, like she was being underpaid because she was a woman.

The funniest part is they wanted her off that show and replaced decades ago, but Pat is her friend and said he wouldnt do the show without her. I'd say she was compensated fairly since they didnt even like her. Bigger question for me is how she let them not give her a raise for 2 decades when the host backs you.

I'm still waiting for when shes gunna get her old ass out the way and give someone else a shot. Shes almost 70 years old and now wants to host the whole show since Pat is leaving

Meh, I don't like them acting like gender is the only reason she's getting paid less than Sajak when he's clearly doing more than her. That's the same shit Tracey Ellis Ross tried to pull with Anthony Anderson on Blackish. That said, she has been a mainstay on the show for decades and probably has had some notable impact on its success. I don't think her asking for half of what Sajak makes is crazy.

Meh, I don't like them acting like gender is the only reason she's getting paid less than Sajak when he's clearly doing more than her. That's the same shit Tracey Ellis Ross tried to pull with Anthony Anderson on Blackish. That said, she has been a mainstay on the show for decades and probably has had some notable impact on its success. I don't think her asking for half of what Sajak makes is crazy.
IMO she has no impact on the show. She just has name recognition since shes been on the show since 81'. But even then its only when you mention the show, Pat, then you sorta remember her.

IMO she has no impact on the show. She just has name recognition since shes been on the show since 81'. But even then its only when you mention the show, Pat, then you sorta remember her.

I don't watch the show and don't really care, but there's no way she's been on that show for 42 years and doesn't have her supporters within its fanbase. Sometimes name/brand recognition is all that really matters when it comes to what someone offers.

Deion Sanders is a treasure, for how he’s conducting himself as a black man. How he’s involved with his sons, how he speaks about respect and teaches young men the reality of life from a tactical perspective. Happy to see him succeed and I hope it continues regardless of what his records ends up being.

Deion Sanders is a treasure, for how he’s conducting himself as a black man. How he’s involved with his sons, how he speaks about respect and teaches young men the reality of life from a tactical perspective. Happy to see him succeed and I hope it continues regardless of what his records ends up being.

He's also done it all with a certain level of brash and cockiness which is important to note that black mean usually only get celebrated when they are overly humble.

Now I personally prefer humble and respectful people, but that shouldn't be a requirement for a person to get their just desserts especially when people of other races don't really have that same limitation.

He's also done it all with a certain level of brash and cockiness which is important to note that black mean usually only get celebrated when they are overly humble.

Now I personally prefer humble and respectful people, but that shouldn't be a requirement for a person to get their just desserts especially when people of other races don't really have that same limitation.
Absolutely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back