Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q. Reason why the Roman Empire fell? Antagonism between the Senate and the Emperor

A decline in morals, especially in the rich upper classes and the emperors, had a devastating impact on the Romans. Immoral and promiscuous sexual behaviour including adultery and orgies. Emperors such as Tiberius kept groups of young boys for his pleasure, incest by Nero who also had a male slave castrated so he could take him as his wife, Elagabalus who forces a Vestal Virgin into marriage, Commodus with his harems of concubines who enraged Romans by sitting in the theatre dressed in a woman's garments. The decline in morals also effected the lower classes and slaves. Religious festivals such as Saturnalia and Bacchanalia where sacrifices, ribald songs, lewd acts and sexual promiscuity were practised. Bestiality and other lewd and sexually explicit acts were exhibited in the Colosseum arena to amuse the mob. Brothels and forced prostitution flourished. Widespread gambling on the chariot races and gladiatorial combats. Massive consumption of alcohol. The sadistic cruelty towards both man and beasts in the arena. 😳😳

Since losing to duwop…..I seem to have lost track of my roots. So in preparation for our next battle, I’m taking it back to the essence.

Starting off with grilled bologna and cheese sandwich.

IMG_7782.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back